Hey

Biddy17

Alright ladies and gentlemen!

New to the site, my car isnt nothing special... yet :p a 1999/2000 (V) Black VW Polo, but im going to make it look hot :twisted: and might need a little help along the way... which is why i have signed up.

Hi, welcome on board.

I used to have a 1997 Polo 1.4CL - I think yours is the facelifted version of that, so if I can be of any assistance, i'll do my best.

I dont want to go over the top, im definatly getting some alloys, (thinking about 15s... they should fit? yea?), i want a new stereo and some speakers for the back, possibly a sub box.

I dont want people to see me as a "boy racer" because im not, i just want my car to look nice.

Shouldn't have a problem with 15's as long as you match them with low profile tyres. Radio - Get a JVC DAB - it plays MP3 & WMA and gives a pretty good sound - you will then be 'future proof'

Hey I got a JVC DAB - its fantastic - quite a bit of power output as well - no bad for a head unit - BBC 6 music Rocks!

Welcome Biddy17,

sounds like you have some intersting months ahead with your Polo - I used to have a love affair with a G40 unfortunately it never went anywhere

:: sighs longingly ::

Waynne has a point with the JVC head unit, it has a good sound - however be careful before shelling out on DAB unit. The reception can be truly awful if your not in a good area of the country.

The bbc has a handy postcode checker for DAB reception:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/digitalradio/

If your area isn't good I really would reccomend keeping the extra pennies a DAB head unit costs in your pocket - or maybe put it toward some awesome speakers.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back