Hey everyone!

Striker2237

Car
2003 Ram 1500 6.7L
Hello! I'm from Ohio in the US and I thought it might be fun and educational to join another forum, this place looked cool and the articles had lots of good info so I figured I should join!

Anyway my "car" is a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab Short Bed Laramie Fully loaded. (Dang...typing all that out kinda makes me wonder if dodge could have made the name shorter lol!)

It currently has 3.55 axles with LSD, Bilstein shocks, Custom made rear leaf packs for better road holding, An upgraded front sway bar and a Hellwig 1.25 inch rear sway bar to prevent wallowing about from the sheer weight of the truck, SSBC big brakes on the front and powerstop Z28 pads/rotors/caliper on the rear with all SS brakes lines at all 4 corners, JBA headers with a totally custom mid pipe that I welded up myself topped off with a nice MBRP catback with dual side flared pipes that gives a nice "quiet" rumbling tone, Moog wheel bearings all round and control arms at the front with the grease-able fittings, Mopar running boards and tonneau cover, Mopar full rear wheel well liners, 50% tint on all windows except the windscreen, high powered lights (non-HID, just the best halogens I could buy because the dang computer is picky, Volant CAI, light up hitch cover that works with the brakes (It came with this thing.......), 180 degree T-stat, 900 CCA interstate battery (winter is cold here and the 650 is....questionable at best lol!), Mopar billet gas door, stubby antenna, Mopar bug deflector, Mopar mud guards, Maval PS rack, Open breather PCV system, Mopar performance valve covers, Mopar bed liner, cabin air filter system, Falken wild peak HT tires, 3 coats of wax.......oh and an perfectly running 5.9L engine and everything associated with it is also running perfectly (engine is a total dog though, can't move out of its own way lol!)

Stuff that is planed includes a nicer stereo (factory premium one is not bad, just kinda weak compared to newer systems) a ventilation system for the engine bay, rebuilding the transmission (its new, original lasted me 150k miles and I did't know you could just replace the servo at the time....kinda angry about that lol!) and finally turning the 5.9 into a 6.7L supercharged monster with an end goal of 675HP at the crank and 550 at the wheels.

I currently have all the parts to rebuild my engine and am just working out details with my machinist to ensure everything is fully ported and matched up with each other as all the parts other than the block are new, competition level parts.

Anyway sorry for the over long list of stuff but I will probably use this post to reference questions that I have in future threads lol! Good to be here and I hope to meet you all and see what I can learn from you guys

Hello and a very warm welcome from me the site Admin. Sorry for my slow reply, I've been out of action for a while due to a nasty virus but I'm pretty much back now.

It's good to have you with us. You'll find us one of the most friendly forums around.

Don't be shy, get involved in the many discussions and start new threads or ask questions, our community really thrives on fresh material posted up and we all contribute to help make this site what it is today.

Enjoy your time on here, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and be sure to start up a project thread and keep us updated on your car project as it evolves and comes together.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back