Helpppppp!!!!!!

sorry mate but a 1.2 isnt going to give you a massive return on your money.
is it your first car ? if it is one idea might be leave it the now and wait a year then see what your insurance does. if it does see what a 1.4 or 1.6 does to you.

if you do want to stick to this car just know. a panel filter and exhaust will give you a couple of bhp but dont look for more than 5 or 6. DONT touch induction kits although you might gain a couple of bhp at the top end you have a big chance of losing power and torque through the mid range.

fuel pressure regulators ( power boost valves FSE valve whatever you want to call it ) will give you a more responsive throttle, maybe a little power.
cams will also give you more power but these might be a little outo your price range. if you do go for them stick to a fast road version. stay away from race these will struggle to hold a steady idle.

hope this helps but like a say even with that you might only get 15-20 bhp from it all, if your lucky.

you also have the option of remapping (chipping if its an old car normally pre 2000) but again on a 1.2 you might only get 6-8bhp for £300

OK one big thing i did miss out was weight saving.

Do you travel far from home ? if not you might want to ditch the spare wheel and chuck a can of tyreweld in the boot. same if youve got a large sound system chuck it out or make it more light weight.

think for every 10Kgs saved your looking at effectevly a couple of bhp

egr valves im not 100% sure on basically putting some exhaust gas into the combustion chamber lowers the tempreture as theres less oxygen in the cylinders.
bigger injectors will only work with a custom map for them otherwise youll just end up running rich and destroying the cat and drinking fuel.

exhaust wise id advise a stainless sports system. ehter get a specific system for the 1.2 or speak to a custom bulider like powerflow about getting your own system made up. make sure you listen to them. some folk like to go in and get the biggest bore possible. this loses power as it takes away the backpressure. for a 1.2 id think it should be around 1.5"-1.75" pipe

the aftermarket ecu is normally just a more expensive remap on smaller cars it is better suited to larger turbocharged engines. the CAI is not much different to a standard induction kit other than it pulls air from further away from the engine.

the fast road cam yeah. the injectors im still not 100% sure on, going by you 1st post about lack of money. a set of injectors might cost around £200 then you need the custom map around £400.
a better idea might be to save your money and get an engine conversion done. no point spending a couple of grand and getting mabye a total of 100bhp out of it,(starting with around 75 if im right) when you could spend the same amount on a bigger engine and get 130 + bhp and a better tuning starting base

for instance a quick check on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Vect...5119671QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
i think thats the 190bhp engine.
you might be able to get one cheaper from a local breakers

I heard that the injectors on 1.6 would fit a 1.4 I think this was on the Corsa so that might be an option.

As PG has said the power gains will be minimal for what it is going to cost you. Take off the exhaust and intake and see if there is some porting to be done. This will help get more air into the engine.

The SRI 130 engine from a Cavalier would be a fun transplant.

I would spend the money on suspension and handling mods and then go for an engine swap further down the line when the insurance is cheaper.

if your going to tune your engine dont forget about the cars handling!
how about lowering it and fitting front and rear strut bars to improve the cars handling? adding some alloys with fatter tyes will imporve the handling and the look of your car...
this will enable you to give it some more round the corners! ....

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back