Help

MoreBoost

Car
Mercedes Benz e350
Ok so first of all I’m new so hi everyone. I was wondering if it was possible to turbo/supercharge a 2011 e350 Mercedes Benz? And would it be a good idea ?

Hello and welcome.

It certainly is possible to add a turbo or supercharger; in fact some models on the E350 line already have them, making the job of sourcing parts a lot easier.

However..... Are you aware of the work required to add a charger and make it do what is needed? It is not a simple bolt on mod to your engine.

This is a copy/paste from another thread where someone was asking the same question:

Added a turbo is not as simple as just bolting on a turbo and driving away.
I (and many members) have posted before on the intricacies involved here, but it always bears repeating.

The following assumes you know what a turbo actually does.....
The turbo will need a decent exhaust flow to spin it. This means better exhaust out pipes and manifold.

With the increased amount of air going in you will need more fuel.
More fuel is delivered by an upgraded fuel pump and put into the combustion chamber by larger injectors.

All of that is controlled by your ECU. Which will need replacing so it knows how to control turbo pressure and fuel intake. And it will need the correct sensors on your exhaust or air intake so it knows how much air/fuel to put in. The ECU will then need to be remapped to your engine.

This stronger explosion in the piston will drive your crank more (thus generating more power) but will also stress the engine. The head, the pistons, the rods, everything will need looking at. Will they be able to stand the extra power without cracking? Will the transmission and clutch handle the extra power?

And after all that you may not see much gain from such a small engine.

However, once you've made your engine kick out more power, and drive you faster, you may want to stop. And go around corners. This means bigger and better brakes and suspension. More cost.

There will be more but this gives you an idea of what you thinking about doing. It will be expensive and a tough learning curve if you are not totally skilled in these things (or just plain expensive if you are getting someone else to do it ;)).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people modding their cars. It gives you an insight into how they work and you will appreciate your car more for the work done. Just don't go in with your eyes closed

Greetings and a warm welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)

There is no limit to what you can do with a car sir, the only limiting factor is the 'Bank account' and nothing else. As my esteemed colleague Lunchmoney has quite rightly pointed out, there is already a supercharged variant of this model so to source parts will be straight forward, for a change. I would suggest breakers yards for a possible donor car with engine that you could use.
You could try these people for assistance with some/most of the parts required: http://www.partsformercedes-benz.com/index.php?cPath=28 You could also have a quick look here buddy on our own page for forced induction as to some ideas: https://www.torquecars.com/tuning/engine-mods/forced-induction

I wish you the best of luck and look forward to reading all about you're project. |B

if mb have supercharged this engine rather than go the turbo route as they have done on some models that is the way to go .
It wont be as simple as a straight bolt on though you will probably need an ecu from a supercharged car and a few other bits.
If it is possible there will be info on the interwebby.

Unless you are really keen to work on your car it may work out cheaper to just find a turbo/supercharged model and buy it.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hello and welcome, nice to meet you. Looking forward to learning more about you and your car over the coming months.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back