help with my van

andyalbone

Track Warrior
Car
Honda Integra dc5
so i did a quick engine service on my renault kangoo van 1.9d glow plugs, air filter, oil and oil filter but since then my immobiliser light on the dash keeps on till the engine is warm i looked in the owners manual it just says go to dealership along with this its alot harder to get the van started just seems to chug and when it finally starts black smoke just comes out the back

This sounds like one for HDi, Jarrus or Davalav. I wish you the best of luck Andy and hopefully one of the guys will be able to help you out.

so i did a quick engine service on my renault kangoo van 1.9d glow plugs, air filter, oil and oil filter but since then my immobiliser light on the dash keeps on till the engine is warm i looked in the owners manual it just says go to dealership along with this its alot harder to get the van started just seems to chug and when it finally starts black smoke just comes out the back

Have you fully tightened the power rail back to the glow plugs? my old 306 would struggle to start when I changed the plugs as I didn't tighten one of the nuts that held the power rail on.

Also double check that that you didn't knock anything! I recently did a service to the MG and afterwards the starter motor would just tick! Turns out I knocked the spade connector and it was loose.

do you no how tight the glow plugs need to be as i didnt want to over tighten them? im changing the oil tomorrow so il have another look

no did cross thread any did thm as tight as i could with my fingers then used a spanner due to where the airbox is cant get a wrench on to them it was a nightmare.