Torque Cars

HELP! Rover 25 tappet needed urgently

Discussion in '200/25' started by Dumfriesman2, 24 September 2009.

1. Dumfriesman2

Dumfriesman2 Wrench Pro

Car:
    Rover25
    A very small item...but important!
    I had stripped my engine to fit a new head gasket and camshafts... decided to clean out the bad oil from the tappets...and 1 got jammed when I tried to put it back together...I think the spring is broken,,,anyhow I cant get it apart...so I need one tappet...more exact..I need the spring-loaded piston assembly that goes in the tappet.Can you help?

2. Dumfriesman2

Dumfriesman2 Wrench Pro

Car:
    Rover25
    I dont know if this isxallowed...but if you have one,or know where one is,can you email me direct at jfmcgill@btinternet.com

3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Try moto-build racing. I'm not sure you can buy them single and it makes sense to change them all at the same time but have a chat with them and they might be able to help you further.

4. Dumfriesman2

Dumfriesman2 Wrench Pro

Car:
    Rover25
    got one from Motobuild....thanks

Car now running sweetly