Hello

budsnow

Car
'63 Falcon
Greetings from Maine, USA
This is the first group I have ever joined. I ran across your sight while trying to get info on turbocharging an older engine.
I recently acquired a 1950 Ford F-5 truck with a 226 cid flat head 6 producing about 95HP at a 6.8:1 compression ratio. I will be doing a ground up restoration and want to keep the original motor, but was thinking about a mild boost to up the power a little. I don't want to go too far as I plan on driving this truck quite a bit and want as much reliability as possible. Any thoughts and ideas?

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

1950-1959-ford-trucks-6.jpg

welcome buddy. is it like this? nice one. would love to see the 63 falcon too

Once you have reached 10 posts then the system will allow you to post those photos.

Have a read here:

How do I use albums?
As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.
Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.
  • Public albums can be viewed by anyone
  • Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
  • Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)
How do I upload pictures?
Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.
You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.
All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.
When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

OR.

How to post photos using Photobucket and TorqueCars

It would be a good idea to have both TorqueCars & Photobucket opened at this point.

Once you have made 10 posts here on TorqueCars you can proceed with the following.

1) Go into Photobucket and select the picture that you want to copy.

2) Hold your mouse in the top right hand side of the photo then click on the star, then scroll down to and click on Get Links.

3) Right at the bottom of the dialogue box you will see IMG codes (For forums boards) then left click in the bar underneath that title which will then turn yellow and will briefly show the word Copied.

4) You go back to your open Post Reply page on TorqueCars then right click on the page and then scroll down to the word Paste.

5) Left click on the word Paste and the photo will then be added to your page as a URL which means you won't actually see the photo but just the code.

6) You finish writing what it is you want to say then click on the tab marked Preview Post this will show you how your post and photo will look before you post it.

7) When you’re happy with how it all looks then click on the tab Submit Reply which then posts your reply live into the thread!

Easy and simples

Hey Charger69, I will post pics of both the truck and the Falcon as soon as I am able. The pic you posted is a pickup, F1? the F5 is a 1-1/2 ton chassis

I have had the 2 door Falcon for a year and a half. Traded scrap metal for it, then bought a load of parts from a guy turning a ranchero into a street rod. I got a complete, freshly rebuilt 144 six, another 3 speed tranny, steering column with column shifter, radio, antenna, bench seat, 5 excellent wheels and 6 nearly new tires, radiator, new regulator, horns, fuel tank, front suspension with new brakes, rear axle and springs with new brakes, and 4 new shocks. I put the motor in last summer, just need to fix the brakes, replace the floorboards and build an exhaust for it.
I am going to make it my daily driver in the summer and hope it gets the 25 to 29 MPG I have heard these little cars got.

Charger69;
I have given that thought and haven't totally dismissed the idea. I was just leaning more toward wooden. Thank you very much for the input.

My Wife and I make pens, rolling pins and other items on our lathe. we use our '85 toyota sunraider camper to go to craft shows. The F-5 will replace the toyota. I am looking at putting 4K to 6K miles on each year between craft shows and pleasure travel around New England and an occasional trip to my sister in North Georgia.

On the typical wedge shaped combustion chamber, 1 point of compression, all else being equal, is worth a 4% increase or decrease in power.

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back