Hello from Devon!

Hi Jason,

It's pretty gloomy down here at the moment tbh. I don't hold much hope for a good weekend either :(

Hi Jason,

It's pretty gloomy down here at the moment tbh. I don't hold much hope for a good weekend either :(

:( up here by milton keynes is not bad, if i had the cash i would have been going as well but with just getting the car etc i am waiting a bit.

so what car do you have/drive? any plans for it?

:( up here by milton keynes is not bad, if i had the cash i would have been going as well but with just getting the car etc i am waiting a bit.

so what car do you have/drive? any plans for it?

Well I've just bought an 05 LCR. But I have an issue with it which is posted here.

I love the car but it's raised some doubts in my head so I need to clear it up first.

What car have you got?

Welcome along Rich. As long as the head is simular and everything was done properly I can't see a major issue tbh. A lot of heads on a lot of cars are interchangeable and it may just be a case of a BAM head not being avaliable or the wrong head supplied and still fitted.

The car still runs perfectly right? If so I wouldn't worry about it. If something is going to go wrong, it will and then you can fix it. Worrying about it won't stop that.

sorry to read about your motor mate, really hope the garage will sort this one out for you, if it was not stated anywhere within the paper work you may be able to blag it a bit and get them to replace it (depends on what quarantee i guess).

mine is carisma 1.9 tubro D, DI-D 2003 (02 plate) perfect for space for the little one :)

Welcome along Rich. As long as the head is simular and everything was done properly I can't see a major issue tbh. A lot of heads on a lot of cars are interchangeable and it may just be a case of a BAM head not being avaliable or the wrong head supplied and still fitted.

The car still runs perfectly right? If so I wouldn't worry about it. If something is going to go wrong, it will and then you can fix it. Worrying about it won't stop that.

Yeah I have heard about the VAG range of parts can be interchangable but looking at the specs it concerns me that I'm not getting the car I paid for. At the end of the day it's an 05 plate so for it to have a replacement head on it raises concerns. I don't want to be stuck with big bills down the line due to effects this might have.
But the car seems to run great as far as I can tell it's just not something I wanted from an 05 car after shelling out a decent amount of cash to get the model I was after soooo much. It's just put a dampner on the whole thing for me.

sorry to read about your motor mate, really hope the garage will sort this one out for you, if it was not stated anywhere within the paper work you may be able to blag it a bit and get them to replace it (depends on what quarantee i guess).

mine is carisma 1.9 tubro D, DI-D 2003 (02 plate) perfect for space for the little one

Sounds ok mate. I needed a 5 door aswell for the kids to get in and out of ;)

Last edited:
Hello there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. I think you will enjoy your time with us all and we will all do our best to help you out with your questions.

A bit late but,
029.gif
!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back