hello from a newbie

serpent12

Car
bloomin awfull
hi from a newbie, my name is david, im 30 and father of 2 kids, ive got a crazy idea for my car but need serious advice from all who have the knowledge, the idea is this-my car is a bog standard vauxhall zafira (02 model to make it worse) but i want to make it a one of a kind family car but with serious attitude, style and performance, but all my limited knowledge has added up to nothing but a frustrating idea with no actual contact for parts (body or engine), so any ideas or contacts-geniune only- would be more than grateflly accepted, or just contact and say hi, and send pics of your own cars, well thats all for now! c ya

hi an welcome to torquecars.
i dont know much about the driving of the zafira but as its a people waggon im guessing it does not handle all that well. my mates dad had a 1999 scenic and that did not handle well at all. well.... compaired to his clapped out mk2 astra anyway. what sort of thing are you thinking of doing to your car styling or peformance or both?
personally as you have two kids and dont 'really' need all that space i would go into getting a new car, something along the lines of a family car not a people carrier because there is a lot more you can do with it in the styling department. if you were to get an audi a4 you could get the rs4 look body kit. very nice.

Alright mate..welcome to TorqueCars! I agree with Steve, if you don't need the extra space then buy a salloon. However, if you insist on keeping the Zafira then how about having the exterior de-badged and smoothed over. A re-spray could also do wonders if you pick the right colour. Another touch you can add are a decent set of rims. As for interior...if you have young children how about some monitors in the head rests and a dvd player? Could keep them quiet on a long journey! :lol: Maybe have the seats re-covered as well and the dash colour coded. Right, performance, you won't be able to turn it into a super car. Your first problem lies with the weight...heavy car = poor acceleration. You may be able to fit parts intended for the Astra or Vectra though...all depends on how much power you want?

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars. Why not uprate the suspension first and get the handling sorted. Then your best bet would be an engine swap with say a 2.0Turbo engine and this would really shift.

What is the current engine you have and I might be able to recommend some mods for that engine?

Re:eek:k i get it, my car is s..t!lol

ok well first-thanks to everyone for the advice on some possible ideas for mods, second-thanks for not totaly rippin the mic out of my crazy idea:confused: for the zafira, in answer to questions, the engine is a 1.6 which absolutely drives me nuts when i see old bangers in the rear-view laughing histerically before they leave me for the next ice age to rip my weepin heart out:sad2:, i want enough power to actualy get me up to 0-60 this side of the millenium but i really dont know anything about engines so havent got a clue on parts. also the debadge and smooth idea sounds great but ive got this idea that it may be possible to find an astra kit (bumper and rear) just might fit but then that leaves sides wide open so if anyone knows of a place that could help with a one-off moulding then send them my way!
as for the inside im looking for a complete ice install, my plan is to take out the 2 folding rear seats out to extend the boot to accomidate the install but still leave room for all travelling needs, well anyway any other ideas then please let me know, also wat cars you guys n gals drivin and wat mods you done, well c yas but dont kick up to much dust for ma teeth to chew on lol!:toung:

did vaux not make a VXR version of the zafira ? that could be a source of bodykits for it. see if you can get a similar bodykit for it, even a wrecked one would do. then you could get it customised.

engine wise 2.0 turbo sounds the nest bet for it. dont think the vectra 2.8 would fit

Someone like exquisite automotive (Croyden) will be able to make any kit fit any car with suitable smoothing and fibreglass work. They have turned out some really nice show cars so it is worth chatting to them.

Engine swaps are a good way to go but it can get pricey if you are getting a garage to do the work for you.

Re: wow lovin the ideas!

you got a contact for exquisite motors, sounds just the job! as for 2.0 litre, lovin it! didnt know about the vxr version, but definately worth a look at that idea, cheers lads i was seriously thinking of scrappin the idea and just gettin a new car but you have all given me some seriously amazing things to go on, let yas know how it goes and owe yas a drink!:rolleyes:

Re:my worst nightmare!

:mad: aaaarrrrggghhhhhh i dont believe it, 2 day ago i was drivin my work truck to catterick when the thing broke doewn just of the a 1, then it started to pour it down with rain, then my phone stopped working, but even worst i saw a black zafira same model and yearas mine drive by with the first steps of my one of a kind idea roll by, completey debadged smoothed front bonnet and grill modded, lowewred and some nice alloys with tinted wndws, but it wont stop me, ill just have to think BIGGER! ben checin out that site you recomended and looks great, also been in contact but just waiting for a largercash amount, i know it would be wise to do a small amount at a time but i really cant wait that long if ya know wat i mean!?! anyway hows everyone else gettin on? im really temted to try the 2.0ltr conversion aswell, ok i thik i need to take a cold shower and decide which is first engine or bodywork, alrady decided to leae interior to last! wat you mad modders think?:blink:

hi and welcome
as someone has mentioned vxr version or the slightly older gsi version of the zafia has colour coded bumpers metalic paint stiffer suspension sports interior and best of all 2.0 turbo charged engine thats found in the other vauxhall turbo models.
try ebay search for possible engine swap interior and gsi bumpers and side skirts.
or just sell and buy a factory gsi zafia.
gsi2.jpg

gsi1.jpg

Last edited:
well i have a spare 301ci 5.0 v8 out of a trans am i got it as it was scrap still runs well did when it got removed thinking of making something out of it like a table ect

as its only a small one well mine is a 403ci 6.6 v8

hi and welcome
as someone has mentioned vxr version or the slightly older gsi version of the zafia has colour coded bumpers metalic paint stiffer suspension sports interior and best of all 2.0 turbo charged engine thats found in the other vauxhall turbo models.
try ebay search for possible engine swap interior and gsi bumpers and side skirts.
or just sell and buy a factory gsi zafia.
gsi.jpg

gsi1.jpg

gsi2.jpg

Last edited:
Don't worry mate, there are loads of things you can do to mod a car! If you need ideas just pop by and we'll all try our best to help!

well the offer of the engine is great but im sure it will b better served as your table, so will go with the advice on the 2.0 engine and vxr body parts, torque car lads to the rescue again! job well sorted! lovin it:rolleyes:
nice one lads and keep up the good work with the website!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back