Hello from a newbie in Pennsylvania!

I don't really know how much horsepower it has. The original owner who gave it to me said it is totally stock and it has lots of power. He also said I was crazy for wanting more power as it is fast as it is. Of course he is an attorney (retired) and I don't think he is in love of horsepower as I am. I would like to add about 50% more. Is that possible and how?

It is not a TT, just naturally aspirated. I do not want to turbo it, but I am open to an add on supercharger. What modifications would be necessary? Cams, pistons, or nothing?

to get 50% more from the NASP will need alot of work. think it is around 220 without checking.
can i ask why a supercharger over a turbo? both would require the same work internally to get to work.

Again, no experience here but I was told by someone who is 30 years younger than me that putting the turbos on it would require more money and lots more work. It was my assumption that further modifications would be required such as transmission and or rear end to accomodate the higher torques. If this is not the case then turbos would be ok too, I'm very familiar with turbo chargers. How much would the set-up (intake and exhaust) for the turbos add to the cost? And what modifications to the internal engine?

hello-1.gif
& welcome!

Hello there and welcome to TorqueCars, great to have you with us and it sounds like you have a really cool car.

A turbo is harder to remap, and the turbo will need oil/cooling, plus a custom exhaust header and some intake plumbing. A supercharger will not require quite so much work.

Eitherway keep the boost low or you risk detonation as the engine is running quite a high compression ratio IIRC. If you lower the compression you can go with more boost.

For nasp tuning you are looking at head work, gas flowing, 3 angle valve job, larger valves, fast road cams plus conventional breathing (intake and exhaust!)

the supercharger would also need plumbing, ok not as much as nothing is required on the exhuast side as such but it also needs oil cooling otheriwse the bearing wouldnt last very long.

a cheaper option may be to try and source a TT engine , cant really give prices on parts as you are in US

Thanks for the help, I read the tuning article on this site and I think that just hyper tuning the fuel delivery system, new cams, reseating the valves, amd hi-flow exhaust will give what I want without all the replumbing and making room. I will update here as the project goes on. Thanks for this site it is great.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back