hello all im new here

Phyzz

Wrench Pro
Car
Daihatsu Charmant
Hello all, Im Phyzz from Brunei Darussalam. I have a FR Daihatsu Charmant 1.3. I want to learn more about car performance, hope you guys can help me out.

Well anything you do to it would be modifying it.

... which is illegal...

So, without breaking the law, nothing... Breaking the law though, the sky is the limit.

other than swapping the engine, buying sport suspension,brakes,etc. Can i tune the engine so that i can accelerate more? like changing the Cable plug and spark plug, any ideas?

Hi Phyzz and welcome to TorqueCars. I've given you some tips in your other thread about engine tuning. It's nice to have you along.

Keeping the car in good condition and servicing it is one of the best things you can do. You could also get the head cleaned and engine de-coked so it performs like a new car again. Depending on the mileage this can make a big difference and should not be illegal as you are just servicing and maintaining the engine.

Nope, i dont want to leave Brunei just because modifying is illegal,hehe.

Thanks Waynne.

Yes it is always maintained by my Dad, xp its an old engine, he service and maintain it according to the mileage, it still runs smoothly and still fast, its in a good condition.
I just bought a Rambo Cable Plug for it, next step is to change the spark plug, still thinking of what brand should be suitable to use for performance.

Hello Phyzz, welcome to the site! The government are always screwing over the drivers! Any ideas why modifying is outlawed in Brunei?

Thank you Prince, I dont have any idea why. But I heard that most accidents that happen in Brunei caused by a normal car not modified,still I think they should open up their thinking to let people modify their car for safety purpose, like lowering to the exact centre of gravity.

I agree...it should come down to the fact that it's your car and you should be able to modify it if you want to! Not all drivers of modified drive at 100mph ever where!

Modified cars can be more economical as well as safer, escpecially if you uprate the brakes and handling.

Last edited:
Yes, exactly. sigh. I dont know why the ministry of transportation think about it negatively. If its possible, i want my car to have the right suspension and brake system so that its on the safe side. ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back