Headlamp??

MsEditor

Tuner
I have a main beam light out and I'm trying to find a replacement... you would think it an easy task, but sadly no!

The full beam works ok its just the main beam but main dealer said its all one sealed unit! and I'm looking at a 6 weeks wait for the part to be ordered.

Can anyone tell me if there is a cross reference part that I can use instead of the original? its a 1990/91 GTO (H reg)

Thanks in advance :)

Your main dealer knows as much about these cars as i do about brain surgery. It's an H4 60/55 bulb, available from any motor factor for a few quid.
There are no sealed beam units on any GTO, that includes my '99 lights.
I can supply you with decent Headlight replacement units which will at least allow you to drive at night if you're interested, but fixing your current problem should be simple.
Here is a quick reference for the bulb, first one i found on google.
Changing the bulb is fiddly but should only take ten minutes, if you get stuck, call me and i'll talk you through it. :D

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your help - Just spoken to an auto factors close to home and they have it in stock :)

I had a quick look on google yesterday and apparently I need to pop the headlights up, disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and then undo a few screws (not the adjuster screw with the spring) and then I should be able to just take the bulb out and replace it...does this sound about right?

I'll give you a shout if I get stuck! - Thanks again

Shell :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back