Hai!

XPS420

Car
Micra dCi 82
Hello, i am from aldershot.

I currently drive a Toyota Starlet 1.5 diesel Automatic :( (54 HP very slow)

I timed a 0-60 run using GPS @ 30.9 seconds:sad2: (no its not GPS lag)

I use to have a VW Golf 1.9 CL Turbo which i increased the boost, fuel pressure and added an intercooler from the MK3 TDI, as a result i got 127HP and 192lbs which i was hugely pleased with. I sold the golf for £600 ( i did put it back to standard ) i regret selling that.
I then moved onto a Toyota Starlet Glanza V which i loved to bits aswell, much money was put into it but i was forced to sell that and buy something economical while i go to uni :amazed:

tcsmileysign.gif

Welcome to TorqueCars mate. :)
Did you push it to 60? Or tow it? :lol::toung::)

Well to be honest sir, I have the raised the max throttle limit, adjusted the fuel pressure and gave it a carbon fibre air filter thing. When it did 0-60 in that time when the pedal almost came out the other side of the firewall, that is very dissapointing, doing 50mph on the M1 going north achieves a healthy 186miles in a tenners worth of juice. Though going 50 was not ideal and drafting behind lorries trying to keep up with them. (Fuel had to be turned down)

When the sign comes "Slow Lorries for ?/? miles" The only slow moving vehicle was mine, where even if i planted the foot down was not going above 40 mph untill the "Mountain" was succesfully conquered! then it will fly to no more then 85mph down the hill.
(around 70mph on GPS):blink1:

If anyone has some ideas on how to make it fast, please let me know lol.

You could stick some rockets in the boot. :lol:
Seriously though you'd prob be better off buying another car otherwise you'll be spending £££££'s for not much gain.

Hi there and may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

The starlett turbo is a real scorcher, a very different car to the NASP versions. Engine swap or upgrade when you can. I know insurance is a killer as well as fuel costs. Enjoy the cheap motoring and save up for something special when you have some no claims bonus.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"!

Thanks for the welcomes guys/girls?

I am currenty confused as to what to get next, It is a choice from a
Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170

Or another Turbo starlet 250hp+

I like the Audi route, but after stage one remap @215hp and around 290lbs what kind of 0-60 am i looking at. 0-60 matters allot to me if you haven't allready guessed. I will be happy with a low 6 second result, can someone give me some pointers? i have allready found the place i will get it remapped from. Unless someone knows of any better gains?

if your after fast 60s then going for the starlet will be the best option. the audi will be better in more real live driving due to the large amount of torque avalible through the mid range without having to drop cogs.
the new CR audis dont seem to have huge amounts of torque. the older PD engine ones ( i dont think audi every used the 2.0 PD so ill go with the 1.9PD version) gave over 300ftlb after remapping and better economy

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back