Greetings!

Laz

Tuner
Car
Clio 182 Turbo
Hello!

Look forward to becoming a regularly participating member of the forum!

Will need guidance from some of the members as I am about to embark on Turbo conversion for my Clio 182!

I shall keep everyone updated stage by stage!

Look forward to hearing from you guys!

L

I have budgeted around £5000 for the conversion.

Looking to be around 270 - 290bhp.

Hopefully!

Thanks for the link mate :)

Welcome to TorqueCars :bigsmile:

That would make a formidable weapon!

Cheers mate, I am hoping so.

My friend has already boosted his 182 running just shy of 360bhp.

I don't really want to go that far as it's going to be my daily! Plus I don't want to have to fork out for race spec bearings and shells!

Not to mention tyres, clutches and driveshafts! There is only so much you can put through the driven front wheels before it becomes unstable and a right handful, especially in a lightweight car.

Not to mention tyres, clutches and driveshafts! There is only so much you can put through the driven front wheels before it becomes unstable and a right handful, especially in a lightweight car.

He's looking at fitting an LSD in the near future!

I am thinking 300bhp would be amazing, but i would be more than happy with 280bhp!

Seen some of the conversions offered by tuning companies and they're only around the 230bhp mark. I am uprating the pistons and rods as the kits don't do this.

Will be a steady project, but I am hoping to have it mapped by Paul at RS Tuning in Leeds by Christmas!!!

This is my friends Clio.

This was only running around 240 at the time.

It's been overhauled since then and it's an absolute animal, never been in a car as rapid as this!

The boost bug has firmly got hold of me!

No LSD fitted? that would be top of my list before deploying such power through the wheels!

No pics, probably as you haven't posted enough yet ;)

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

I look forward to seeing your pics.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

I look forward to seeing your pics.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Cheers Waynne!

Is there a projects area I can post one up in? Would like to start to keep track of it all!

tcsmileysign.gif

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back