GPS and/or Tracker

dpsubaru

The Torque Meister
Car
Subaru WRX Turbo 04
Do you have either or both in your car?

Being a bit of a conspiracy theorist i wont have either - in my view its just a way for those in power to keep tabs on where everyone is at all times.!

Toyed with the idea of having the tracker fitted, but after I asked my insurers what kind of discount I could be looking at, they quoted me 6% off my premium and 11% if I get the VHF version as it can locate a car better if it's hidden away in garages etc. Maybe I'm out of touch a little, but in the early days I was hearing figures of 17% being banded about!

Still giving this some thought though! :blink1:

I don't worry about being tracked. I had a RFID chip implanted in my hand :D Also have google latitude which shares my gps level location( from my phone) with friends and a rough location for everyone via my website.

True, that and when I claim I can't go to a meeting cause I'm out people know you're lazying around at home.

If you have a mobile phone that is switched on then you are already being tracked and logged within around 35 meters IIRC.:eek:

Doesn't matter if you have a GPS.

Only silly films make out that a reciever can give away your location.

Likewise with the mobile, those free PAYG sims work wonders (well, if you're frugal like me anyway, £10/quarter) - and depending on how you've aquired them, it won't be easy to identify who uses the SIM.

Yes thats right companies do use fixed trackers that are activated all the time. But say if I had one fitted to my car then it wouldn't activate until I reported it missing to the tracking company.;)

Tbh,I don't do anything to make tracking me worthwhile, though I do often think what evesdroppers would make of my conversations.

Yes thats right companies do use fixed trackers that are activated all the time. But say if I had one fitted to my car then it wouldn't activate until I reported it missing to the tracking company.;)
its not really a case of activating or not, but just that there is always the possibility that some govt body or other could demand that the tracker company locates you - trust you signed a contract with them so your name is on file in any case - then they could find you.