fuel pressure regulator problems

davkin09

Car
peugeot 306 1.8 16V
Hi all,
I've just installed an fse boost valve to my pug 306 1.8 16V. Now every time I turn the ignition on a high pitched whistle occurs that comes from the fuel pressure regulator. As if its pressurising up. What's more when I accelerate hard a sustained whistle can be heard. Funny thing is it doesn't occur on cold mornings 13 degrees C but then reoccurs when I drive home from work in the afternoon 18 degrees C. Could this be a temperature related problem or is there an underlying fault?

Let's consider the facts.

The car was running properly before fitment of the FSE valve.

It was not making any strange noises until the valve was fitted.

Since fitment the car has been making strange noises.

I suggest you remove the valve ASAP.

The FSE's are crap anyway and most constantly re-adjust themselves to whatever they feel like. Using non-standard injectors? Get a proper FPR if you need one.

Are you sure the whistle is coming from the fuel pressure regulator and not the fuel pump?

I had no trouble at all with my FSE and It didn't make or cause any whine in cold weather.

Your fuel pump might not be able to run the pressures that the FSE valve is asking for cause I know they are set slightly higher than standard when out of the box

Get rid of the silly thing is my advice. If you want the desired effect properly. Get a nice Walbro fuel pump, they're not that expensive, and uprate the Fuel Pressure Regulator itself. If you want another cheaper easy mod, go to your local scrappy and try and find a 306 GTi6. and take the injectors out and put em in your 1.8. This should be a nice combination if you got it remapped :)

I'm not sure if the gti-6 injectors would fit on there,
They both use xu blocks but there is that many different variants it's untrue
but if they do fit then yeah.........it will be awesome....lol