From Aldershot

XPS420

Car
Micra dCi 82
Hi, I am From Aldershot, i use to own a Toyota Starlet Glanza running just shy of 200hp. I have now got a Nissan Micra 1.5 dCi. I mainly got this for the MPG but decided to MOD it abit. Its a 82hp one and the outside looks standard, nothing has changed not even the 15" alloys from factory.

It is chipped, and the boost is raised. I plan on raising the boost abit more, but i think that will be nearly on the max limit of what the tubby will be able to handle. I am yet to take it to a Dyno though, maybe when the modding is finished. I am planning on getting a HKS Air filter. Would like to get a exhaust but it will be loud then, and thats not the objective here.

Any other ways reccomended? Other then a Remap. Bigger turbo? Which one would be a direct fit?

PEOPLE BEWARE, don't underestimate the Silver Micra at the lights lol.

Hello and welcome to the nuthouse mate ;)

bigger turbo and injectors would have to be next, as for a direct fit i doubt theyre will be many. gives you an excuse to have a new exhaust manifold as well :D

tcsmileysign.gif

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already. So what's next then = I'd probably suggest a tyre upgrade for some road legal slicks in time for summer.

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

If i can't fit any other turbo thats a direct replacement, i doubt i will be going down that route :( which means the modding will have to stop there.

How are the Clio 1.5 dCi making 100hp+ stock? Do they not have bigger turbos? Or is it a case of it being mapped differently?

could well be a bigger turbo, mapping normally doesnt make that much of a difference. theres would normally be different hardware as well.

whats stopping you making something up ?
see if you can see how much space you have around the turbo. then go scrappy hunting for a exhaust manifold then find a decent turbo that you can fit. adaptor plate or the likes

Hi, I am From Aldershot, i use to own a Toyota Starlet Glanza running just shy of 200hp. I have now got a Nissan Micra 1.5 dCi. I mainly got this for the MPG but decided to MOD it abit. Its a 82hp one and the outside looks standard, nothing has changed not even the 15" alloys from factory.

It is chipped, and the boost is raised. I plan on raising the boost abit more, but i think that will be nearly on the max limit of what the tubby will be able to handle. I am yet to take it to a Dyno though, maybe when the modding is finished. I am planning on getting a HKS Air filter. Would like to get a exhaust but it will be loud then, and thats not the objective here.

Any other ways reccomended? Other then a Remap. Bigger turbo? Which one would be a direct fit?

PEOPLE BEWARE, don't underestimate the Silver Micra at the lights lol.

A remap is likely to give you little more than a chip tune, despite the fact that I am an advocate of remapping.

I don't underestimate the Micra dCi's at all. They are like go karts. In my experience (despite the fact that I'm not a fan of small cars) they are agile little things with phenomenal lateral grip and strong braking.

I like 'em, basically.

Even ignoring off the line shove they're pretty useful in the midrange as well.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back