Focus Wheel and Lowering

Jose Amnesia

Hey I just got a 3door focus zetec and i'm just wondered what size wheels to put on it and how much to lower it by? there is speed ramps on my street but i dont think they are too much a problem. is there no way to sample what wheels would look good on a focus? i used to know this site my friend show me where u cud pick a car and then put wheels and lower it amonsgt other things but i cant remember it :cry: :cry:

Nice to have you as a member - welcome to the site.

I wouldn't recommend going lower than 30mm but I know people go as much as 45-50mm! It depends really on how big a wheel and tyre you want. Do you just want to show off or do you want to keep the cars handling as it is?

Hia, i still want the car to handle nice (and they do handle suprisingly nice) but i want big wheels. my m8 used to have a focus with like deep dish (is that what you call them?) dark gray alloy wheel and i dont think they were really big but they looked nice. i just wonder if you know where there is any pics so can av a look what the diff sizes and lowers look like ?

If you go for a good coilover set with adjustable ride height and damping force (like the Tein Super Street suspension package winging it's way to a Civic near me) then you can go up to 18's on a Focus without many benny problems. 8)

Yeah I will do its not going anywhere so far lol i forgot christmas is ere and that just sucks ya dry :(:(:( so prolly new wheels in the new year but i think ima bang a full stainless on it :) are these ajustable springs u can set at different heights? i see for sale and they say -40mm or - 20mm but no like 20 - 40mm or whatever :wink: