flocking

MrB

Road Burner
ive got a lot of parts to flock on the skyline and was thinking about buying a machine and giving it a go myself, the bits ive been quoted costs a lot more than getting my own machine,

ive looked around and read up on the proceedure and it doesnt seem too hard i was just wondering if anyone on here has tried to do it before and how you found it

I'd be interested to hear how you get on. I'm sure you could make a bit of dosh offering flocking.

Didn't they flock Police helmets? How much are the materials?

(I hope it's light weight flocking!;))

the flock is £20 for1mm flock @ 1 kg that covers 4-5 sq meters adhesive is £6.95 1kg plus the time to do the work

the machine is a few hundred but i think it may pay for its self eventualy

yes it is, a glued surface with an earthed plate one side and a electrostatic flocking machine full of fibres on the other the charge of the two together force the fibres to hit the glue point up so as to give the velvety feeling...

im defietly up for giving it a try lol

a lot cheaper option is an air gun aplicator which is a lot cheaper but doesnt have as good an effect and is a lot messier

yes it is, a glued surface with an earthed plate one side and a electrostatic flocking machine full of fibres on the other the charge of the two together force the fibres to hit the glue point up so as to give the velvety feeling...

im defietly up for giving it a try lol

a lot cheaper option is an air gun aplicator which is a lot cheaper but doesnt have as good an effect and is a lot messier

Are you sure that the home kit has an electrostatic capability? The one I read about didn't and the results were, not to put too fine a point on it, disappointing. However, it was a lot cheaper.

If it has, then buy it and test it for me. If it gives as good a result as offered by 'professionals' then I will get one as well :)

I have a powdercoating kit. As soon as I get hold of an old electric oven I will be testing that. If that works maybe we could set up in business :)

Last edited:
Are you sure that the home kit has an electrostatic capability? The one I read about didn't and the results were, not to put too fine a point on it, disappointing. However, it was a lot cheaper.

If it has, then buy it and test it for me. If it gives as good a result as offered by 'professionals' then I will get one as well :)

I have a powdercoating kit. As soon as I get hold of an old electric oven I will be testing that. If that works maybe we could set up in business :)
like your train of thinking lol

yes mate definelty an electrostatic item can run off mains or battery

spec #
Technical Specification​
High Voltage DC output – 35KV negative
Current - 40 micro amps
Power supply – 4.5 VDC
Overall length – 450mm
Weight – 700 grams without batteries​
980 grams with batteries

£370 + dreaded

like your train of thinking lol

yes mate definelty an electrostatic item can run off mains or battery

spec #
Technical Specification​
High Voltage DC output – 35KV negative
Current - 40 micro amps
Power supply – 4.5 VDC
Overall length – 450mm
Weight – 700 grams without batteries​
980 grams with batteries

£370 + dreaded

Sounds interesting. If you have a few jobs to do you could soon recover (pun intended) your initial outlay. Look forward to your review.

Re the price. Look on the bright side, recent reduction in Vat has saved you £9.25 :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back