Feature ideas for TopGear

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Ok then, the chances are that someone at the BBC and TopGear may find this thread and read it.

So with this in mind, what features and items would you like TopGear to cover?

I think they should delve more into the world of quality modified cars and Motorsport teams and cut out the silly cardboard modifications and junk challenges.

Putting a remapped/Modified GTR against a £200,0000 supercar would be an awesome idea.

I think that a goopd idea would be to take a few performance cars from earlier periods that are unmodified and compare them to current day equivelents.

Or better still do a track timed run each week in different cars of years ago.

They would need to be stock but to see the stig driving a gtr , cosworth , aston , evo , audi quattro , TVR (etc etc) from say the 90s

Now that would really be interesting

Last edited:
I wrote to 5th gear suggesting just this. Latest MX5 v Elan Sprint (as the MX5 was supposed to have been based on the Elan). Didn't even get an acknowledgement. TG did this in the past so maybe a reprise would be a good idea.

Some good ideas here. I would like to see an anal feature where they go into depth regarding various topics covering engine tuning, braking, suspension and handling, will give May a 'man lab' of his own for 5 mins. They talk about various features cars have and what the car is doing when on track that the layman would not understand.

Beats seeing how many suitcases you can fit in a car............remember those days well, Goffey, Mason, Woolard etc.........was even a lady before VBH.

Beats seeing how many suitcases you can fit in a car............remember those days well, Goffey, Mason, Woolard etc.........was even a lady before VBH.

Sue Baker
Michele Newman
Kate Humble
Angela Rippon
Judith Jackson
Beki Adam
Janet Trewin
Gill Pyrah
Nicky Fox
Julia Bradbury
Marian Foster
Helen Mound
Gyn Freeman

Sue Baker
Michele Newman
Kate Humble
Angela Rippon
Judith Jackson
Beki Adam
Janet Trewin
Gill Pyrah
Nicky Fox
Julia Bradbury
Marian Foster
Helen Mound
Gyn Freeman

Show off!

Sue Baker is the one I can think of that was more frequent I'm sure.

Surprised at how many they have used over the years, but only remember the frequent ones. Just imagine what would go on if they had one on todays version!

I would definitely like to see more modified car features, what can be done to cars by spending just a few pounds and going right up to the big wallet big budget possibilities of advanced performance gaining.

Battles between modified and production cars i.e. does this supercar really warrant all that money when the modified one can perform like this for less than a third of the money!

A regular TopGear viewers car slot on the program would be another good one to see, think of all the additional fans this would bring to the show as family and friends gather round the TV to watch their car being driven around the track or on the road by Stig and the boys.

Old hatch vs New.

307 gti vs the 306 gti6, I would love to see that! Renault twingo vs the 106 gti.

I think TopGear have a good thing going. But the silly challenges do get tedious, I still think its the best show on tele.

think they might get a loan of ryan woons supra and ave a drag race with a veyron now that i would pay to see:toung:

There are plenty of tuned japanese road legal cars that will beat a veyron 10.8 isnt that fast if you have £50K to spend on an engine

Both Topgear & 5th gear have no intetest in what we think only making money their current formats do that so will continue. If they want something they will ask usually via Pistonhead or the owners club. Clarksons old Cossie was recently taken to the show & the great man didnt even want to see it thats how interested he is in our type of cars. Remember Petrolheads like us are few in number compared to a worldwide TV audiance & the majority like the comedy & pathetic things they do.