Fastest production car in the world

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the fastest production car in the world? I think I know but I wonder if I am right.

I'd say the SSC Aero (shelby) with a top speed of 270mph (estimated). Does this count? Is there a faster one? What do you think the top 5 fastest production cars in the world are?

It's a 1.1 litre Yugo 60 off a cliff?

now you're talking about my car or what? used to have a zastava 101 (4door hatchback, same producer) which belonged to my dad, now i don't have a car, and i'm looking to make some money and do something special.

jokes like these always were posted on me when i had that car, like going downhill my car could beat a beemer, however, i got over it:)

It's a 1.1 litre Yugo 60 off a cliff?

The Yugo would only accelerate off the line at 32ft/sec/sec or 1g (in a vacuum), so not actually very fast :)

However, if it fell for 1/4 mile it would do it in around 10 seconds (allowing for wind resistance), so pretty fast.

Last edited:
SSC Ultimate Aero TT, is currently the fastest production car in the world, with a fastest recorded speed of 413 km/h (257 mph)

The Yugo would top out at a terminal speed of around 139mph as wind resistance matches gravity.

Blimey, for an around figure, 139 is very precise :) How did you work it out, as my brain hurts just thinking about it?

too many jokes for the yugo.....
the top yugo has 250 HP can go more than 210 km/h and with an acceleration of a 7.5 seconds to 100km/h.
by the way, joking to bad cars, have you seen the video where a polski fiat 126 beats a porsche 911 on a straight track?

Production does mean standard not tuned - pretty much one of a series of cars from a factory and available to the public.

There are some very quick Yugos around charger69 but in this country we only got to see the small engines and they are pretty rare.

Now a car will surely fall at a rate of 10m/s squared or something like that.

What other contenders are there for the fastest production cars:)

Production does mean standard not tuned - pretty much one of a series of cars from a factory and available to the public.

There are some very quick Yugos around charger69 but in this country we only got to see the small engines and they are pretty rare.

Now a car will surely fall at a rate of 10m/s squared or something like that.

What other contenders are there for the fastest production cars:)

koenigsegg ccx
maserati mc12
ferrari fxx