Extra free fuel every time you fill up.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Always go to a fuel pump that has just been used.

The idea of this one is to straighten the hose and get the fuel that is stuck in the hose. If you do this before you fill up you will get the fuel left by the previous lazy driver.

Then if you do the same at the end you will not be leaving any fuel you have paid for behind.

It is surprising just how much fuel is left in the hose a veritable trickle - often spilled on the forecourt or just left in the hose.

One easy and non obvious way to do this is to park on the wrong side of the pump so the hose stretches over the roof of the car.

This way Herb can get his missing penny's worth of fuel each fill up (and then some).

Always go to a fuel pump that has just been used.

The idea of this one is to straighten the hose and get the fuel that is stuck in the hose. If you do this before you fill up you will get the fuel left by the previous lazy driver.

Then if you do the same at the end you will not be leaving any fuel you have paid for behind.

It is surprising just how much fuel is left in the hose a veritable trickle - often spilled on the forecourt or just left in the hose.

One easy and non obvious way to do this is to park on the wrong side of the pump so the hose stretches over the roof of the car.

This way Herb can get his missing penny's worth of fuel each fill up (and then some).

been doing this for years mate it was 1 of the tips me dad gave me the first time i filled up my car
but you have made me feel a little better by reminding me i have been getting free fuel for 12 years :p

aye i have done that for ages, my tight mate told me about that. but i dont know if it would work so for a bike as you dont put the filler spout thing all the way in otherwise you get a splash back. not nice having petrol all over your bike and leathers.

i always like to prepay for my gas, just so i can make sure to drain the hose. alot of stations here have switched to the pumps that don't shut off the gas flow until you hit your prepaid amount or you replace the nozzle. no more of the pull up to pump push down when done type soon.