Evo Vs Impreza

Prince

Torque King
Car
BMW E36 318is Coupe
After watching Top Gear today (like we all did), I was wondering which car everyone prefers. Personally I prefer the Evo as I seems to perform better and looks far better.

How about everyone else? Justify your answer.

I driven quite a few Impreza's. One of my business clients is a race/rally car builder and maintainer. Yep they all go extremely well, especially in off road tune. But there's just too many on the road for them to be interesting any more.

I prefer the Evo I think... I'm a big fan of hatches - but I don't like the Impreza all that much in the looks department. I also like the sounds of the Evo in the handling dept.

I would have liked to of seen a time for the more powerful Evo that they tested :p

the fastest evo, the 2l evo 8 IQ fr-400 has a 0-60 time of 3.4 secs whereas the fastest impreza, the 2l wr1 sti has a 0-60 time of 4.1 secs

speaks for itself doesnt it?

i've always much preffered the evo anyway as it jus looks much better and it has a much heartier roaring sound

scoobys are too common now

and the evo beats the skyline hands down anyday

however the best is none of these three...

its the toyota supra

u can get over 1000bhp from these babies!!!

however u have to put an evo style bodykit on these as stupid people put these stupid bodkits on them which make them look like the cars are smiling with the stupid grilles on front

stupid!

Last edited:
Impreza engines sound so nice. I still think the EVOs are the out and out road legal rally cars with no compromise and the Impreza are a rally car modified for family use.

Evos all the way for me

the fastest evo, the 2l evo 8 IQ fr-400 has a 0-60 time of 3.4 secs whereas the fastest impreza, the 2l wr1 sti has a 0-60 time of 4.1 secs

!

thats a bit unfair as the STI has 280bhp agaist the 400 of the evo. but did you see it on top gear a couple of series ago where a 1.6 outran it simply because theres soooo much lag on the turbo.

TopGear have a way of exposing weakness to great effect. They pulled away in 4th gear in both cars and the EVO got trounced.

Recently they took a BMW and Prius out and the BMW had better fuel economy on the track. Not really surprised as the Prius was driven flat out and the BMW was hardly getting into it's stride.

They also knocked the turning circle of the Evo which did seem really wide. There is a lot to be said for modding a car yourself - you get the car you want and decide which compromises you want to make.

I like the evo.

It's better looking, has more power and there are just to many imprezas on the roads. They're not that special anymore

The batton has changed hands yet again! Its a shame to compare them because they are both blindingly good cars.

(Welcome to TorqueCars Escapethefate - nice to have you along!)