Engine Uprating

gendox

Track Warrior
Car
Pug 206 LX
Ok ive had my rover 414i 16v 1997 'R' for a while, i have a new full enclosed induction kit from the front bumper all the way up to the inlet manifold, new tyres brakes and took out spare tyre, added lightweight battery ect nothing crazy but i do now i want to make a little sleeper.

I ripped apart a mates car took the entire car apart also a 1.4 rover we took the dash seats carpet everything haha i was like a monster truck. It was crazy fast but no handeling im not thinking of going so crazy i want to squeeze some power from the engine and also better the handling.

Im gonna take all the back seats out carpet unused wires ect keep the front pretty standard as for engine parts what do you reccomend website and names would be a plus thanks.

Kieran.

P.s. hi everyone

nothing you can do to make them fast
but put a big v8 in it then maybe

only way i say to make cars to go fast i to buy a fast one to start with

V8 probably won't fit, certainly not crossways.

It's a Honda Civic basically, which is certainly not a bad thing at all. Honda makes some of the finest revvy, free revving bullet-proof petrol engines anyway. Rather than uprate it, how about using all its potential as it is. Use the full rev range and enjoy it. Buy a faster car when you're ready to do so.

First off thanks guys. I know all that, engine transplants are a bit much for me but i was staying with my rover because ill have another car and can use this to modify, i know i will get the best results from the old v8 rover lol but i was just wondering, what can i actually do ?

A 2.0 turbo tomcat engine conversion is about the biggest and easiest to do in a Rover. Get one from a Coupe or 220 or 240 and you should have the engine mounts you need. Get a gearbox as well otherwise the standard box will break when you put your foot down! :(

Get the gasket done on the donor engine - they go with alarming regularity and never let this engine overheat.

i know all about head gaskets haha, but what can i do other than engine transplants can i get cams fuel injectors ect where from and what ones will fit in my car also does anyone know of anywhere that does plain grilles for the rover 400 ?

think you can unscrew the grill, then put mesh in its place, you could also add an exhaust stystem this should really help you revving, ive just had an induction kit and back box fitted and i can rev up to 37 in 1st gear, from what used to be 30, but maybe you get that now duno though