Engine tuning

alanwooods

Car
Ford Fiesta Mk4
Hi there
I want to know how to increase power and performance from my engine? Also what things can be adjusted without having to buy new parts? And then which bits are worth buying and which arent?
Cheers

I have a ford fiesta mk4 1.3 encore, with the ford 1.3 endura e engine in, its a petrol. I want to know what things can be adjusted and then which parts do i need to increase power with out buying a new engine?

The Endura is based on the old Kent engine, which has been around for a few decades. As such, it's been tuned in many applications but it's quite involved work, being a pushrod design.

In truth I was hoping you'd said TDCi because even the 1.4 will remap to about 100bhp and 150+ lbft.

I wanted one of the zetec engines but they were a tad expensive and this car was free. But what involved work is there to do? I want to get involved with the car and tune up by adjusting things?

When you talk of tuning do you mean substantial mods to the car or are you thinking of getting the best from it as it stands?

At the moment just getting the best from the engine, there must be a few things that i can adjust to get more power and faster acceleration? And then later on if the car is worth i might think about buying mods for it.