Engine Question

jillibean

Car
GEO Prizm 1991
Hello. I'm afraid the problem is what I fear...I have a knocking on the left side of my engine...Geo Prizm 1991 1.5 liter fuel injected...since I had a major overhaul this July, including a new gasket to repair a major oil leak, the car has been going through more oil than it ever had before. I got really low on oil, and now there is a knock coming from the left side of the engine. What would be loose in the engine to make that noise, yet still allow it to run fine? It's obvious I don't know much about cars...I'm a professional food server and an herbalist, mechanic classes escaped me in high school. I had no choice but to drive it today...after I filled up with oil. Could this possibly be something less serious than total engine damage? It sounds as if a fan blade is loose, the knock increases with acceleration. Hope this doesn't sound too stupid. thank you all!

Welcome buddy ! Most probably the problem is that you have got a bad injector or leaking HP pipes for the cylinders on the left side. Check the fuel line from the injection pump.

tcsmileysign.gif

Hi there and may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"!

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Oops ! I just overlooked the word 'oil' and misplaced it with fuel. Ya, most probably a ill fitted or damaged bearing. Do exactly what Pgarner said....

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back