electric fans

paul bland

Car
mitsi 3ltr tt
have gto tt both fans run all the time can turn them off by removing fuse and relays any ideas what causes them to run soon as the engine is switched on came from japan with this problem doing my head in please help

It's either the temp sensors in the bottom of radiator if a Mk1, or the sender in the thermostat branch if it's a Mk2 onwards.

thanks for the advise chaps i have been informed that at the bottom of the radiator there are two two pin plugs one white and one black apparently if one shorts out it puts the fans on constant main agent parts only i believe have u heard of this problem before any advise took on board cheers car been off road 2 year garaged needs to be run again

them electric fans again

thanks for the advise chaps all took on board if u could give me a little more advise i beleive at the bottom of the radiator the r 2 two pin plugs one black and one white i have been advised that these shorting or going faulty would cause the fans to run constant they r main agent parts only by the way new to the gto club mine is a mk1 been garaged for two year needs to go back on the road soon its boring driving anything else ha ha!!!

Re: them electric fans again

Try THIS but be aware that although your sensors are one black, one white, both sensors that they sell are the same colour. It's simple to work out, just replace them acording to the temp stamped on each sensor.