Dramas in the inside of the wheel arch

Cilestiel

Car
Fiesta 1995 1.6 si
Looking at my car, a quick check over, and I found a few problems with it but i was wondering if I could get some advice on these, this is under my wheel arch looking in at the centre of the car, I am just curious if anyone know what causes this? not to sure if these are the best of pics, but they are the best I could get, it looks like my wheels are rubbing on the plastic.

P02-08-09_135901.jpg

P02-08-09_1359.jpg

suspension out, has it been lowered ?
off set is incorrect, new wider wheels fitted ?

Suspension = ok! :)
Lowerage = not with the speed bumps where I live
off set = Not to sure
wider wheels = Ahh, I suspect so, looking at them, is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening without changing the wheels? for example could I cut the plastic? or anti friction devices ect?

if its wider wheels then the offset might not be correct for the extra width of tyre

hot air gun ? try and bent the plastic back in.
take out the plastic and see if it runs ok
or get some spacers - go for proper hub spaces that fit on to the hub- rather than the cheap thick washer style

I wouldn't take the plastic off TBH. It looks mighty close to those engine pulleys. I'd leave the plastic on and look into wheel spacers. Or just don't use full lock.

if its a Fiesta then plenty of room before the pulleys but if yu take of the plastic then you will firstly get a lot of dirt into the wheel arch and second this will then allow the tyre to rub the chassis leg (think it extends out this far) instead of the plastic and this will most likely do your tyre more damage.

what car do you have and what size wheels are on it??

i had the same problem with my civic