Double your gas mileage

:D Hi fellow torquecars members,

I have stumbled upon some useful modifications to improve your Fuel consumption by 25 % TO 50 % ..JUST THOUGHT I WANTED TO SHARE WITH EVERYONE HERE....

http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/additive.htm

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/12755-my-experience-adding-acetone-petrol.html

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/524517/double_your_gas_mileage_2x/ ( CHECK OUT THIS ONE FIRST!)

I am now going to look in to this matter further and maybe test it out once i'm convinced... think about it guys!! the petrol companies can add this in but do not want to because they loose money... if 1 car pumps 1 full tank in one week, then must by adding this, people pump 1 full tank in 2 weeks. ALL THE WORLDS OIL COMPANY WILL BE LOSING 1 WEEK REVENUE... BILLLLIONS just by doing so...

IN A YEAR, THEY WILL LOOSE 1/2 THEIR REVENUE... then no more SHELL sponsor for ferrari.. no more MOBIL for mclaren.. heck... SHELL & PETRONAS become small company...hahahahaha...:lol:

see what u guys think.. just sharing my 2 cents here :p

nope i wouldnt do it. the acetone will wreck the rubber seals in the engine. you may have found this info if you had read everything on this. this has came up here before as well

If youve got a carb'd engine, you could try DIY water injection based on manifold vacuum. Carb'd usually means the engine is using a dizzy, which you can then advance a fair amount depending on your water injection levels. Thus more performance and more mpg, do a search on it through google, lots of methods :D

Nick

It's easy enough to get really high gas mileage. The problem is you get huge emissions of NOx, and you damage the engine (temperature problems, corrosive chemicals, whatnot). All known methods besides switching to diesel or using hybrids have these problems. Well, or aerodynamics. Or whatever else. All "dump X in your gasoline" or "Tune engine Y" (i.e. lean) do this.

Acetone! That one made me laugh. The usual tune up,not using AC, tire pressure monitoring along with removing unnecessary weight is a WELL KNOWN "secret." As far as shutting your car off at red lights goes, that can't be too good for your engine, your coolant isn't circulating, your fan isn't blowing unless your car still uses it with the key in the on position, and if you're there for a while a good amount of your oil has drained back into the pan making for a lot of starts without adequate lubrication.

They didn't even mention your own personal driving technique and habits! A lot of us on this site go way faster than needed only to come to a red light or stop sign. Or maybe those people aren't smart enough to research their car mods beforehand and just put the intake the guy behind the counter tells them to put on(haphazardly at that). And still there is the concept of 2 car lengths, I like 3 because that lessens my braking and requires less time on the gas to coast up to the slowing car in front and allows you to maintain a higher speed before they get out of your way. This stuff in general drastically increases mileage. Notice how that guy started out with 17 MPG in a late model (Acura TL?) vehicle with all the fuel efficient computer systems.? Obviously he drives like a jerk normally and was on his best behavior for this test.

im averaging 51mpg in a Mk3 TDCI 130PS mondeo 2006 with 85,000 on the clock*, id be very happy if i could get another 5mpg

remap and a decat?

* actual true mpg brim to brim, not car "info"

850 miles per week

economy remap - slightly more power and torque, but less than a power map

problem is you might be tempted to use the available torque mroe often and not see the gains

Yeah, I do tell this to people when they have a remap, I said you probably won't notice a difference in economy as you will put your foot down because of the extra torque and power, but once the novelty has gone then it's all good,

pretty much the same happened to me as well now i can get 550 miles a tank (60 litres) no problem, also another good economy mod for diesels is running LPG

im averaging 51mpg in a Mk3 TDCI 130PS mondeo 2006 with 85,000 on the clock*, id be very happy if i could get another 5mpg

remap and a decat?

* actual true mpg brim to brim, not car "info"

850 miles per week

But going from a long term measured 51mpg to 56mpg is not doubling it either. It would be just short of a 10% improvement. Don't decat, emissions tests will become hard to pass.

Sensible driving and good maintenance is the key to good mileage. Acetone is not a good idea as it will ruin your fuel system .

Cats are not a legal requirement on oil burners, the EGR is blanked, i get no smoke and no test station is equipped to tes for NOX out put

diesel test is opacity only, mine passes easy

Diesel cats are unregulated 2 way devices, there is no closed loop system (such as found on petrol cars) even on Euro V compliant models.

Cats are not actually a legal requirement on any car. It just that most vehicles will not be able to meet the prescribed emissions standards without one fitted.**

My 406 HDi (2.2, with the 'usually' dreaded particle filter) sailed through every fast-pass without any problems.

CO is tested on diesels, although given their nature of operation which is one of excess oxygen (there is no throttle in a diesel engine) it's very hard for them to fail this one, even if the cat was removed.

The tester will look for visible smoke from any car before commencing the probe test, anything emitting visible smoke will almost certainly fail, and quite possibly corrupt the measuring equipment in the process. It's unlikely it'll be tested if it's smoking at idle or fast idle.

**Be careful here - AND THIS IS TO EVERYONE.....Even if your car passes the MoT emissions tests without the cat fitted it might still fail to meet the VoSA roadside test requirements, should you be asked to submit to one. It's unlikely though if the car is running cleanly.

More importantly, removal of the cat also constitutes an alteration or modification in the eyes of your insurers so do be certain to inform your underwriter of the change.

take the bulb out ;)

has the engine been mapped ? if so speak to who mapped it, if its a decent company they may be able to code out the EGR fault

of course it is up to you but.....this pure aceton staff....if you really want save fuel :fist fix your car, tire pressures, oils, filters, remove extra luggage as shown on video
And drive economically: smoothly, drive on low-midium rpm`s, while accelerate change geares, at 2500 rpm....that would give to you a benefit and your car do not need extra unexpected repare :)

Fuel economy, or fuel consumption are influenced by many factors. Let's assume that your car [or, indeed, my car] is running properly with no reported or diagnosed yet un-resolved engine faults.

Correct tyre inflation, accurate wheel alignment, absence of brake dragging all help this.

The biggest single factor is driving style. Of course, different driving conditions will also have significant effect. Within this I include types of journeys undertaken.

I can make a 1.2 Punto drink like a fish if I want to do so; likewise, I can make a Lexus LS430 sip like it's a T-totaller attending communion.

Of course the Fiat will sink less under outrageous driving than the LS will under the same driving prescription. And the LS will have a greater demand for the dreaded 95RON unleaded driven with feathers than the Fiat would have, driven similarly.

In between those two extremes there's a massive amount of overlap.

not sure what it is with the Subaru but cant seem to get more than about 280milles to a tank. years ago we had some old Subarus with exactly the same issue, really lucky to get over 20mpg but fantastic torque.

am working on a different driving style as an experiment but trying to keep myself in check for a full tank - tough.

It does seem to use a little too much but, in fairness you've bought yourself a performance car so it's going to use the juice up, if economy is an issue then you maybe have to think about using something else as your daily driver

economy, really just like to moan about it as before used to drive a mondeo that did closer to 40mpg. i wouldnt really care if it used 10milles/gallon (ok, so i would as going to the petrol station constantly would be annoying) but as i only drive it 4 weeks a year the economy/petrol costs etc... never really come into much consideration.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back