Do you have a second car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How many of us on here have second cars?

Why do you have a second car? Does it save money as your main car is too thirsty or is it more for convenience.

What would be your ideal 2 cars if you have to choose a practical car and a fun car?

This is something that has popped into my head from time to time. The Beast gets used on a daily basis for work, it is approaching 125K miles now, not that means much as nothing stays on the car long enough for me to find out how long it is meant to last :rolleyes:

Sometimes I just think it would be nice to treat the Beast with a little more respect, and so put the workload burden on another car.
Seems like a good idea but I am not sure if I could go through with it.

i have more than one second car and they all have a use
The stagea is completely impracticle for work so i have the toyota caldina gt4 n spec as a daliy driver
the gtr costs me almost nothing to run and it goes up in value and as i have the garage space keeping it is a no brainer
I also have a jap spec mitibishi chariot 2.4 mx gdi which has every extra known to man and is the most comfotable "van" i know of..

Another thing Os is that with a daily driver you will apprciate the beast more (and it wont get driven into so much)

I have a Holden Colorado crew cab 4WD as a DD and to tow my "beast' to the track and back.

PS It has been said that not driving your car regularly to keep the mileage low to help keep the resale value higher is similar to not making love to your lady friend very often as it will make her more attractive to the next man in her life :D

My daily driver is a 1.2 VW Fox :) 40 plus to the gallon compared to the 17 in the Chevy Blazer. Must fix the Blazer but the Fox has saved me over £2k pa on fuel!

Robin Hood is sitting in the barn awaiting me to get it ready for selling.

Motorhome.

Have access to wife's Astra turbo.

I used to have a second car, when I had the RS4 which was a weekend toy and endlessly being modified and re-worked - as such I had to have a second car because the '4 was constantly off the road having something done! Since I got a little older and to be fair, the Mrs started giving me her opinions of the situation, lol... I'm down to 1 car again.

Hey Rob, I cant e you cos my pooter aint configured to do it ? but ive got your web site saved so i'll be in touch..