Diy stores - trailer or load up the car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you use a trailer when you go to a DIY store?

I saw a guy break his suspension today when he filled the boot of his car up with paving slabs. I guess it is a good way to lower the car if you are on a budget. It sounded like a spring snapped. Despite the terrible rubbing noise of the wheel on the inner wheel arch he still tried to drive off! :eek:

It is suprising how heavy a few sacks of cement or paving slabs can be. You are best spreading the weight throughout the car or making a couple of trips if you ask me.

The downside is the dust and filth that get stuck in your car. I always avoid it when I can. I saw about 12 cars with little wooden trailers attached and thought it was the next craze! Anyone else here use those little trailers?

Do you use a trailer when you go to a DIY store?

I saw a guy break his suspension today when he filled the boot of his car up with paving slabs. I guess it is a good way to lower the car if you are on a budget. It sounded like a spring snapped. Despite the terrible rubbing noise of the wheel on the inner wheel arch he still tried to drive off! :eek:

It is suprising how heavy a few sacks of cement or paving slabs can be. You are best spreading the weight throughout the car or making a couple of trips if you ask me.

The downside is the dust and filth that get stuck in your car. I always avoid it when I can. I saw about 12 cars with little wooden trailers attached and thought it was the next craze! Anyone else here use those little trailers?
my dad uses a metal one if that counts, for ferrying all the families rubbish down the tip,we dont recycle:-(

Now why didn't I think of that! I already have a list. I'm chasing a mouse at the moment! Its a clever little thing;)

i use my burban and a trailer. i like to make one or two trips for the whole project. when i did my backyard i bought everything at once and made two trips for all of it. seems to work better for me when i don't have to keep going back and forth for each section. do the same with cars. buy everything you need at once instead of piece by piece. plan the job out and save up for it. in the long run you will save money on gas or shipping and the longer you wait for it the more sure you will be that that is what you want.

guy's beware when towing trailers or loading cars overweight VOSA are really clamping down on it.
at our last race meeting the police sat at the end of the road and directed all cars that looked like the backend of the tow vehicle was low, to the nearest weigh bridge where VOSA were waiting to weigh and check trailers.
people don't know if they are over the towing wait of there car and some are not aware that they may have to take a towing test.

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/rep...query=towing&pr=CORP&order=r&cq=&id=48fd665c6

Reactions: Loz