Did you love 80's cars

Off the Top of my head there were plenty of classics in the 80's that are still IMO as iconic today as when they were launched The Ferrari F40, Testarossa, CRX, DeLorean DMC, Ferrari 288 GTO, Porsche 959, Alfa Romeo GTV6, The rotary engined RX7 was born!

The GTV6 and the RX7 started in the late 1970's... The DeLorean DMC-12 was originally supposed to launch in the late 1970's.

80's cars I adore: Pontiac Fiero, The original W-body cars (1988-on Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, Buick Regal, and Pontiac Grand Prix), the original Ford Taurus SHO (Super High Output), Toyota MR2, Toyota AE86 Corolla, Nissan Silvia, Nissan 240SX, etc. Notice most of them are early 80s or late 80s cars. I normally can't stand 80's cars.

I have a thing for 80s and early 90's cars

I mean my top 5 is Mitsubishi GTO, Capri, Renault 5 GT Turbo, Mitsubishi FTO, Jensen Interceptor

I mean my top 5 is Mitsubishi GTO, Capri, Renault 5 GT Turbo, Mitsubishi FTO, Jensen Interceptor

As you did say early nineties I will give you the gto and fto which came out in 1990 and 1994

But the Capri ? that came out in the seventies and the interceptor ????

You are TWO decades out on that one - that came out in the sixties

The mk1 Capri ran from 61-64, The mk2 from 69-86 and the mk3 from 89-94 IIRC.
The mk3 was a great car imo
As long as it had the 2.8 v6 engine. I think they sound awesome.

Yup I drove a Tickford Turbo a few years ago. Was awesome sounded great too.
My mate used to have a turbo tecknics twin turbo 2.8. Was a right laugh.

GTO - good choice :p

To be honest though I don't think the 80's was a good decade cars.

60's 70's and 90's all produced great cars.

Sadly I don't think we are going to see times like that again as now companies are just producing generic cars that have to meet too many regulations...don't get me wrong there are still good cars being produced, some for build quality, some for good running costs etc. And there are still performance cars being made, but we are talking very expensive cars....no more working class cars with character :p

The mk 2 Cavalier was pretty decent as well I think even though I am a Ford man.

That was the era when Vauxhall could do no wrong according to the motoring press anyway.

Cavalier MkII was arguably better than the Ford Sierra. 1988's launch of Cavalier MkIII was much the same. The GSi with it's 150bhp twin cam 16 valve unit was a great drive.

All Ford had at the time was the Sierra 2.0i Ghia with the Pinto 105bhp bhp single cam 8 valve unit.

I still have a soft spot for the Ford Sierra - it appeals in quirky ways but I'd not rush to drive on now.

I also liked the Granada MkIII