coupe's xjs

Image005.jpg

it looks wrong without imho!!
but it also doesnt look 100% right with:confused: (sorry i know this doent help at all!!) maybe if the wing was shaped more to the contour of the boot it would help (maybe??:confused:??)
sorry this is a tough 1
images

It needs more of a curve to match the bodywork at the rear and needs to be matched to the colour of the car. Perhaps if it were mounted a bit higher up it would look better.

must do some more to it.
trouble is i keep thinking of weird mods to do rather than finish off the bits i have started.

i was fitting the radio arial to the boot lid the other day and i started thinking about a split opening boot lid. WHY??

sat and designed gull wing doors the other day..... yet another WHY??

saw a supercharger on ebay................................... will someone stop me. it will never get finished at this rate.

i wouldn't mind but my ideas are greater than my abilitys.

need to sort tyres for my cragars.
then fit the skirts i made a year ago.
door cards
new battery
exhausts
re paint

so new mad ideas need to be curtailed.
unless some mad people out there fancy giving me a hand.lol

i been boxing in the rear exhuasts where they go under the boot.
they have 2 big cut outs where they run through, so i have begun covering the hole to make a flat bottom to the boot.
next i will fill in the back of the wheel arches where the exhausts run through.

but now i am stripping out the garage and throwing away tons of stuff.
got to get my motorcycle back to where i can work on it.

oh well...........

temporary halt.
found this buried in the back of the garage.

DSCN1919.jpg
Had one like yours 50 years ago! the rear suspension, I think something called the Antsey link, was horrendous, and on our rough roads required extensive maintenance, otherwise very smooth, rear cylinders used to heat up on hot days. , like yours, I left it unused for a long time and finally sold it while moving house in the late 60's . Wish I had kept it as its worth a bomb now,here in India.Also had a borrowed early rigid frame Iron block Square four for a while.

sorry to hear about the jag. had the same issue with a pug i was building before, after a while just found the same, lack of time or inclination to finish it off.
so whats the new plan?

0043.jpg

bought this.
2 owners from new
full service history up to 7000 miles ago
all original.
needs some rust repairs.
mot'd and taxed.

plan is to do a rolling restoration and minor tune up as i use it.