Torque Cars

Corsa Sport 1998 Engine swap

Discussion in 'Corsa' started by ryanhills92, 1 November 2011.

1. ryanhills92

ryanhills92 New member

kent
    Car:
    Corsa Sport 1998
    Hey there i have a stripped out corsa sport 1998 1.6 model with a F16 gearbox that came with it when i got it and i want to get a new bigger, better and faster engine in it, what engine would you recomend and what would i need to do? like would i need a new gear box driveshafts etc... but what ones? thanks for your help, Ryan.

2. BluntyR5GTT

BluntyR5GTT Guest

stoke on trent
    Car:
    R5 GT Turbo
    the most common conversions for these are the c20xe 2.0 16v (150bhp) or c20let 2.0 16v turbo (204bhp)

have a look on sites like courteney sport a regal motorsport as they have all the required bits to carry out the conversions

3. ryanhills92

ryanhills92 New member

kent
    Car:
    Corsa Sport 1998
    Okay cool, Thanks for that. the stuff they sell is it alot i would need to do it or is it just stuff like engine mounts and drive shafts?

4. BluntyR5GTT

BluntyR5GTT Guest

stoke on trent
    Car:
    R5 GT Turbo
    google there websites matey :) if you struggle to find them give me a shout.

they are both very common conversions and give big performance gains thats for sure