corsa 1.0l 12v problems

daveb820024

Wrench Pro
my corsa is ok driving until it gets to between 2500 and 3000 rpm then it starts playin up as in misfiring kinda any ideas on why its doing this could it be fuel spark or what but its ok on tick over and reving when standing still please help

carb or FI?

good spark plugs, not oily?

having something similar with my bike, when i try an get the revs to the powerband, either it labours really bad(dont want to push too hard when it does that incase something goes pop) or when it gets to the power band there is a big jolt foward.

(for those who do not know, the powerband is were thre bike makes most of its power, i.e. on mine its from 6.5k to 11k revs, only way i can explane it is, like a vtec, when you hit a sertain revs it works the power cam, get to the band and omg)

Last edited:
Sounds like a sensor or a problem with the plugs/leads to me. Does the engine warning light come up with all the others when you switch the ignition on? Does it stay illuminated?

could be the coil pack if i remember right the coilpack is one unit sitting over the three spark plugs.

Thanks for the update daveB - that should save someone in the future with a similar problem a lot of time.