Corolla 1.8 dual VVTi Hatch upgrades?

Andyleg

Car
Corolla SX 2007 1.8
2ZR Corolla 2007 1.8 dual VVTi Hatch upgrades?
Hi all, Im new here. Does anyone know of any upgrades to my vehicle? I was thinkin air filter, headers, exhaust. Also thinkin about cooling the engine bay down with bonnet vents, such as those of the current WRC Corolla. Does anyone know where to purchase? Any other info would be much appreciated, re: camshaft, larger throttle body? Cheers :lol:

Hello there and welcome to TorqueCars. Our Toyota forum is more the place to ask tuning questions but here are some pointers.

Get a fast road cam (Don't go too mad) then induction kit with cold air feed, sports exhaust (Full with a sports cat as well) if you are wanting a bigger power hike then get the head flowed and ported and then finally add a remap, in the case of the Corolla I think you have to get an aftermarket ECU like the Apexi Power FCII unless someone has worked out a way of remapping the Toyota ECU.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Waynne,

Do you know if these mods are suitable for this engine? 2zr 1.8 dual vvti? All that stuff sounds great and affordable.

I have heard mixed responses here in OZ, but would like to think they will all go into this car.

Is a panel filter ok compared to an induction kit? as this vehicle has a standard box but looks like Toyota have tried there best to keep the colder air coming through already with their setup. I was thinkin just some ducting to block out under bonnet air with panel filter. I have a sytem on "toyota owners" forum with an intake system made for this engine type but at $400+ a bit much unless there is a huge difference compared to panel filter. K&N looks like the easiest to access here in Australia.

any ideas much appreciated

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back