Civic Sport 1.6 Engine swap

AD08

Wrench Pro
Car
Civic 1.6SE 02
Finally bought myself a new ride last weekend
1.6 civc sport 04 plate
I love it :love: its got all the type r styling and muffler tip etc and the interior is nicer than my last one. Ive bought some lowering springs from funky power which should drop it about 2 inches and a strutbrace & rear lower tie bar to help with the handling.

ad08-albums-my-civic-sport-picture1973-civic-sport.jpgl

ad08-albums-my-civic-sport-picture1974-civic-sport-2.jpg

ad08-albums-my-civic-sport-picture1975-d16v1.jpg

The only problem i have is with the engine; its the same weedy d16v1 that was in my last car about 110bhp.
Im broke atm but iv been looking into the best way to get somemore power from it. From what ive heard on this forum theres no point investing in this engine as its guna cost loads to get anything from it and money thats probly better spent on an engine swap to give it a better base to start from.
I was look at a b18c5 integra engine & transmission from http://www.tigerjapanese.com/index....category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26#
i wont be able to get 1 for a while but i just wona know if ill have to change any other parts to cope with the power or is it jus a case of dropin the new engine tranny and ECU and off you go.
Also i bought the car from a honda dealer so is doing this going to affect the MOT or how they sevice it. E.g. if something breaks will they fix it with the proper b18c5 parts or dont they touch cars like this that have been moded.
Soz if that sounds abit stupid but i ent got a clue when comes to this sort of stuff.

Thanks Ad

Last edited by a moderator:
it should only affect the MOT is it running badly due to emmisions. as long as you tell them its no lnger the 1.6 engine and staple it to theyre heads ( i had a lovely relationshp with my honda dealers ). if you are still under warranty this will be void however.

the pics are also missing

I would go for the K20A in an 02 plate. You will need everything though. That link you posted is also American, it will cost too much to import an engine from abroad, there is also no need to import them as there are plenty. Your MOT should be fine still, and your warranty will be void (just as PG said). Personally I don't use Honda to service my Civic. I have found that my local dealers know sod all about Hondas (I had to explain what an Integra Type R was to one of the guys that worked there).

Ok thx for the advise

Iv got myself a type r spoiler off ebay which im hoping to fit at the weekend. Iv also been lookin into improving the handling abit so iv ordered an e-tech front strutbrace from demontweeks n some nice gold skunk2 lower control arms, lower tie bar and jdm anti roll bar.
I want some tein coilovers but cnt afford em at the moment so i was just guna get some skunk2 lowering springs to drop it about 40mm. But iv bin told that when u lower the camber changes aswell which can make ur tires wear very quickly. If this is true iv found a D2 racing rear camber kit but i cant find a front camber kit. Do you need to change the camber on the front wheels or is it jus the back.

Ok thx for the advise

Iv got myself a type r spoiler off ebay which im hoping to fit at the weekend. Iv also been lookin into improving the handling abit so iv ordered an e-tech front strutbrace from demontweeks n some nice gold skunk2 lower control arms, lower tie bar and jdm anti roll bar.
I want some tein coilovers but cnt afford em at the moment so i was just guna get some skunk2 lowering springs to drop it about 40mm. But iv bin told that when u lower the camber changes aswell which can make ur tires wear very quickly. If this is true iv found a D2 racing rear camber kit but i cant find a front camber kit. Do you need to change the camber on the front wheels or is it jus the back.

You only need a camber kit when going seriously low. I would just lower it first and then see if it affects tire wear. If it does then get the camber kit.:D

hi AD08
nice car budy, i ve got exact same model but in grey. i hav been driving it for almost an year now and i love it more day by day.

i jus read ur post and u wre toking abt improving handling well i think this car has very very good handling as a standard. well i mite b wrong correct me if i m . and if u do find some interesting to do wit this could also help me . thanks mate

Hi AD08 u mentioned u were getting a type r spoiler 4 your civic sport, I have looked into this as well and gained info on it and I thought the type r spoiler did not fit the civic sport (am I right about that?) or have u got the type r style spoiler that is made 4 the civic sport? Have u fitted the spoiler yet, does it fit without modifying the spoiler? How much did u pay for it? Do u know if u can get the spoiler from a Honda garage? Any info on the subject is much appreciated.

I'm with prince.. a K20 engine would be better suited. Your car is a few hundred pounds heavier than the Integra and the B18 has less torque despite the extra 40-50 bhp, so performance gains might be affected by that, I'm not sure.