Choose an 800bhp or 300bhp engine

Ronbros

Torque Junkie
Car
opel-isuzu 1.8 turb
thoughts from USA, HP, horse power, what good is it, i dont even own a horse!
you just happen to have 2 engines in your setting in your garage, and a standard size car without an engine!

one engine is rated at 800hp at 16000 rpm, torque max 250 lb ft.(F1)

the other engine is rated at 300hp at 4500rpm, Audi diesel, torque 600 lb ft.

which engine would you decide to install in your car.
over here, we use/feel torque far more often than a formulated HP number!

Its been said
"torque wins races and HP sells cars"
" HP governs how fast you hit a brick wall and torque how far you push the wall "

thoughts from USA, HP, horse power, what good is it, i dont even own a horse!
you just happen to have 2 engines in your setting in your garage, and a standard size car without an engine!

one engine is rated at 800hp at 16000 rpm, torque max 250 lb ft.(F1)

the other engine is rated at 300hp at 4500rpm, Audi diesel, torque 600 lb ft.

which engine would you decide to install in your car.
over here, we use/feel torque far more often than a formulated HP number!

Sorry but that is such a loaded question because one of the options is a complete non starter
When you build a 1.6 litre v6 turbo F1 engine with a set rev limit of 15000 rpm your power and torque are pre determined as is the fact that they dont do slowly (or even quite quick)
It is designed to be driven absolutely flat out all the time. If you ever managed to install the motor it would seize up in traffic.

Try asking the question using the new ford eco turbo engine and a comrarable power output V8 .

Sorry sleeper; yes a silly question, just to show the difference between to rediculas engines!

to add ,my personal choice for a full size car, is and probably will always be, An AUDI V12 Diesel from a Q7 suv!
with just a reprogram of the computer, and rearraingment of turbo pipes, makes 650HP and massive 800lb ft. torque, do not even have to take the engine apart,use it stock!
for a rear drive car, use a GM 4L80E auto transmission,modified to a 6 speed with a kit!

of course you couldnt keep the tires hooked going slow but in time you would find its sport mode and make the appropriate moves!

and driven lightly, i'm guessing 30mpg US gal.

I like my diesels Torque but the wide power band of the Petrol I had is still what I want! It also sounded so much better than the diesel does. (It was a 225bhp A4 Quattro by the way!)

TO each his own.
you should hear some of the diesel cars and light duty trucks here in USA, they sound every bit as good as many good cars,some better!
and the power band needs the proper automatic transmission and final drive ratio to make use of diesel torque!

also the general agreed concept of the driving experience seems to be HPs around 450-500hp before you realize its a completely different world in a legal street car!(of course thats USA).

and forget what it takes to drive 1000hp on the streets!!!!

I'm not sure a diesel can ever be made to sound good. It can probably be made to sound not bad.

But the best sound in the world comes from V8 petrol engines.