Car Showrooms

dpsubaru

The Torque Meister
Car
Subaru WRX Turbo 04
Have been visiting a number of car showrooms recently looking at trade-ins as my sister wants something new - seems she has decided on an Audi TT after disuaded from buynig a mini - and amazed at how unhelpful the sales people are. The only decent one was a guy at the Mini showroom - the others just couldnt be bothered or stood around like plums.

The worst were Mistubishi. Went in with my dad to see if they had any Evo's - after 10minutes of looking around and being ignored we just left. The thing that wasnt clear was why they didnt even have an Evo on display. Just a Lancer sport. Why would a manufacturer not be promoting probably their most famous and best selling car?

Are showrooms really so busy they dont need to care about selling or are the people in the area i was looking at just exceedingly crap at their job?

(although would say the guy at Arnold Clark was an annoying twit and wouldnt leave us alone to even have a look first).

It is a fine line when it comes to acceptable customer service.

I've never been impressed with any main dealers round our way. Toyota Motorline gave us good service and we were only buying a used car.

Evo's are sold by IIRC Rallyart dealers so not all Mitsubishi franchises can provide them unless they hold a Rallyart franchise as well.

I tend to check stock online, make a phone call and then turn up. It saves a lot of wasted time but if you are not sure what car to get it pays to see them in the metal.

This varies hugely from dealer to dealer. VW in Maidstone where grossly unhelpful when we where looking for a new car for my girlfriend. VW Canterbury where hugely helpfull and even managed to talk me into buying the R36 for myself at the same time!!

True RB. I vowed never to go to East Kent Audi again, the service was so appauling. It would probably have been better if I'd had over £20k to spend but they really just wasted my time. Tonbridge Well Audi were incredibly friendly and helpful.

In 2011 I went back to East Kent Audi for a look around and it was a different place, the service was really helpful and friendly and they have gone up in my estimations so I can heartily recommend them.

Last edited:
It's silly though.. had VW Aylesford/Maidstone got their act together they would have sold two cars that day. A Golf and a Passat. I can't imagine they get many customers looking for two motors, you'd have expect them to snap my hand off.

BMW & Lexus where I live are just brilliant, walk in you get greeted, take your coat etc etc, even give you coffee/tea biscuits and you dont have to buy anything, no pressure ,sit in what car you like and play... last time I walked in to BMW just to order some parts I got the same....coffee sir ?...

BMW Rydale near me is cracking too in my experience. Went and ordered a part for my old mans beemer then went to collect it at a later date. they were dead helpful and didn't mind me snooping around.

vw in sutton coldfield where very polite and helpful today when i went to get some bits fo4r the leon
nod.gif

i also had a good look around a scirocco and i really want 1 now:love:

I always found that there is a certain curve when it comes to customer service in showrooms. Bit like the power band in a TDI, you get crap service in Fiat/Toyota/Peugeot etc, then it gets really good around the VW|BMW/Jag/Audi market, then gets REALLY bad when you get to the high end stuff I.e Aston/Ferrari (unless you have the personality and looks that screams "I HAVE LOADS OF CASH" (This is probably due to the untold amount of tamewasters they deal with).

I've got to say BMW service is the best I've had.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back