Car movie chases

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are the standout best car movie chase scenes?

The Funniest IMHO is Taxi 2 (French version though!)
Best overall - Bourne Identity was pretty good and fairly realistic.
Fast Furious 5 was pretty mad with the safe dragging muscle cars.

I love all car chases. Real or completely insane!

Not really a car chase scene, but contains a very large crane and a few police cars.

Terminator 3! Awesome destruction and that lady Terminator was fine.

First F&F film, with Dom racing Brian.... Just brilliant.

Yes indeed, Bullitt does take some beating and it has been voted No1 for car chase sequences for quite some time now.

Love Bullit but if my fading memory is to be believed there was an epic chase in the original French Connection movie.
The Transporter had a good chase as well.

Love Bullit but if my fading memory is to be believed there was an epic chase in the original French Connection movie.
The Transporter had a good chase as well.

Yes indeed, the original car chase scene with Gene Hackman (The French Connection) is also rated very highly.

My favourites are the car chase in bad boys 2 where cars are falling off the back of the transporter truck. Next is the car chase in the second Matrix film.

Car chase in the second Matrix film :blink:

I have all of these, I think I shall have to re-watch no2 and familiarise myself with the chase scene :)

Trinity is on a motorbike going the wrong way down a motorway and morpheus is fighting with agent smith on top of a lorry.
The twins with long dreads are in a car chasing them too. Its very cool :)

There was a very long chase in what I thought was The french Connection that involved a Fiat 124 and an Opel ? . From memory this was the 1st movie with an epic car chase barring the Keystone Cops movies.
Also loved the carpark scene in The Driver when Ryan O'niel did a demo and ripped the doors off a Merc ?
Found it .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt7crOA00hE

Last edited:
The scene that was famous in The French Connection was were Jimmy Popeye Doyle was chasing the bad guys on the train while he was in a car under the suspended railway tracks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzEloJ5venk

I know the scene of The Driver your talking about, the movie is in my collection, the look on the owners face after Ryan O'Neal finished his driving skills demonstration was priceless, a true classic ;)