Buying a car without seeing it

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever bought a car without seeing it?

Perhaps you ordered it through a car dealership or it was an impulse auction buy!

Did it work out ok for you?

Depends on the car and the supplier. For instance I would have no hesitation ordering a Rolls Royce Wraith from a prestigious dealership over the internet and having them deliver it too my door. But I have seen this a few times on the internet where a car is advertised for a cash sale, the prospective new owner turns up to a predetermined layby to view the car and is then promptly robbed as they know he has the cash on him.

Yep one of the best cars I bought was my first legacy of eBay. Around the £500 iirc the car was a garages courtesy car it was in better condition than it was described and came with a big folder full of history that wasn't mentioned in the add, and then for another bonus it came with a rigid plastic boot liner which was ideal for me in my job!

I honestly think i would still be driving it now if it hadn't been written off:(

Yes, bought a Mini 25 several years ago, was on ebay. However I did email the seller many times and swapped information, detailed photos etc. It was as expected and he said if I wasn't happy then no pressure to complete the deal.