brakes

sweedhead

Car
2.0 fto GR
hey guys, im haveing troubles....

i brought a new pair of rear calipers and painted them yesterday, also removed the front calipers to paint the same.
i fitted everything back on the car today and tried to bleed them but it dosnt seem to be working to well lol. a very small amout of fluid comes out of the bleed nipple when bleeding but the brakes dont seem to be getting any better. infact theres nothing at all. is it better to use a bleeding kit or is there another problem? iv bled them about 9 months ago when i fitted new discs nd pads and there wasnt a problem.

any suggestions would be great

cheers
ant

You need someone in the car to push the brake peddle down until it's just constant fluid squirting out and no air. Don't forget to top up your fluid afterwards mind.

yeah i did have my brother in the car operating the brake whilst i watched the bleed nipple..

it has finally bled (after about 30mins of brake pumping lol) and the brakes are feeling ok. will take it for a spin later to make sure.

also if you feel any give in em turn around and head home as safely as possible. had an old ford maverick that the family just passed around to the new drivers (no body damage luckily) bled the brake first think due to play and noticed a little give in the peddle about half way through my test drive had nothing by the time i got home. Had about the same issue as you before they were bled. Turned out i had a pinhole crack in the brake line. scarriest drive ive ever done.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back