brakes

Most of the time its only bad front tires or bad brake rotors. Is the steering wheel shaking when you are braking ?if so, then you have warped rotors, another thing when you brake does the car pull to the right or the left if so that will determine what rotor is bad . Check if your tires are cupped in the front or they may be out of balance
Also check for bent rims, loose/worn suspension components, and the obvious such as loose lug nuts on all your wheels

jack up and take off the wheel and turn the disc by hand you might be able to see where its sticking and if its really bad you might be able to see it

What disc/pad combination do you currently have ? For instance, EBC discs on these cars are rather poor. We used to use EBC discs until we started having problems with them, that doesn't mean that they are poor on all cars but on GTO's they just don't cut it.
We fit a lot of DBA's and with a good pad they work fine.DS2500 pads are good but very dusty. Quite a lot of disc vibration is contributed by pad build up on the discs, a good stamp on the brakes from a decent speed down to zero a couple of times will scrub it off if that's the problem. Obviously on a road with no traffic likely to run up your butt.
This type of problem is mostly as mentioned above, however, always check stuff already mentioned below, tyres, nuts, etc etc.

jack up and take off the wheel and turn the disc by hand you might be able to see where its sticking and if its really bad you might be able to see it
Only if you've nicked Steve Austin's eyes ;). If disc run-out is that bad that it's visual you'd most probably have severe wheel wobble when just driving. The only proper way to check run out is with a D.T.I.
HERE'S a D.T.I. for reference for those who don't know what it is. You set it up on a fixed point and use it for many things but in this instance, you'd check disc run-out. You set the gauge to zero with the end just touching a point on the disc but with the gauge able to read a plus or minus movement then rotate the disc and any variation will show on the gauge over a 360 degree revolution.

ive very good eyes ;)

noticed that the pads seem to stick more over a certain area thats what i was trying to get at.

was about to say thats very cheap, but it was the delivary i was looking at
hiding.gif

thanks,ive just discovered the disks are warped,will replace disks and pads
perfect timing as she is on jacks in garage,just sent alloys off to be shotblasted and powdercoated :))

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back