best car

shadowhound

Car
Driving Test
Im currently taking my Driving tests finding it alot easier than expected and almost 20 :( i feel old lmao but anyway my grandad said to me if i pass he would buy me my first car and i told him i only like cars with 5 doors because i hate having to pull the seat forward in a car its canny silly lol but the only car i would drive with 3 doors is a Mazda RX7

so heres the Questian

For a first time buyer looking for a nice car which is stylish and has a nice engine sound which would you say is better out of these 2 cars also give your own opion

Honda Civic 1995
or
Mazda RX7 Turbo or Single Engine doesent mind which

Because i need a nice first time stylish car with a nice engine sound but doesent look chavy like all the other guys round here driving Novas and just adding a Big Egsaust making people think they have a massive engine.

Thank you for your help

hey and welcome to the site,
sorry your post got caught in the mod queue, still not sure why.

as for what car out of those 2, your going to b really stuck with the civic. cant really see many insurance companies giving you a policy on th rx7 at 20 jut passed your test

Even if you managed to get insured on the RX7, it would most likely blow up or you would crash it before you got a years no claims.

Get a banger, thrash it to within an inch of its life, have a couple bumps too and then buy a nice car.

I learnt a lot from my little '96 5dr Punto. Most importantly was that FWD cars don't like to drift!

haha lol blow up XD hahaha

im not to clued up about cars and such and just need peoples opions on some other cars that are worth buying which look nice

also is a honda Civic engine crap ?

mate an easy way to get over your 3 door phobia is take the handle of the drivers seat so all rear passengers have to enter/exit via the passenger side
this is what i did on most of my cars :amuse:

some honda engines are pretty lame, shame its the ones that your most likely to get your own insurance cheaply on. even the good ones B,H and K series engines are hard to tune up cheapy.

3 door cars - easy remove the rear seats and whack in a big sound system, then tel your mate to drive themselves

ohh and agreed with master on this one buy yourself something cheap, theres plenty floating around under £500 that will do you a year or so until you learn how to drive a bit better

okay sweet :D:D:D ill have a look around once i pass my test and when this bloody driving instructor answes my calls and txts im dyeing for a lesson lmao XD

also is there any cheap cars that is faster that the #!#!#!#!ty novas the kids drive with added egsuarts. and also looks good but i don't mind about speed as long as it looks good :D

well when i realized i had to get a 5 door the only 1's i liked looks wise and was within my budget was the seat leon, alfa 156, mitsubishi lancer evo v and the lexus is200

there nice cars herb :)

i need a car thats cheap basicly in insurances im looking to spend up to £800 for my first car with a decent bps ive just been reading on here about 2 other cars which seem nice but also better than a corsa

and they are

clio 1.8 rsi
VW's Polo TDi 1.4

also would a Honda NSX be cheap like what Mia Drives from F&F4 ?

there nice cars herb :)

i need a car thats cheap basicly in insurances im looking to spend up to £800 for my first car with a decent bps ive just been reading on here about 2 other cars which seem nice but also better than a corsa

and they are

clio 1.8 rsi
VW's Polo TDi 1.4

also would a Honda NSX be cheap like what Mia Drives from F&F4 ?

well if you where reading the other lads thread who was after a first car the mk1 clio rsi was my suggestion and can honestly say i loved this car it handled well as standard (even better when lowered) 110bhp in a light car and it goes well and it was cheap to insure but the down side for you would be it was a 3 door

NSX are getting cheap now as there old
your loking in the region of £20k for a decent one

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=328

didnt realise they wher that cheap think this will be my next car :toung:

insurance is currently in 20 groups, these are then split done into sub groups.

put nicly something like the polo tdi will be something like group 5.
group 20 is the highest

define better.

polo - better economy,more torque, dearer servcing diesels normally are, cheaper insurance
clio - better handling, more revvy engine, more power

not actually driven ether myself so cant comment fully

yes and no.
torque is what throws you into the seat, its whats used mid range
power is what everyone talks about used higher rev range hense why not so important in a diesel 4500 red lines etc

What about an old golf mk2? Ive always found these to be very nice and was good mates with someone who owned one for ages.

Look for the gti model for a bit more oomph.

i like the look of the VW's Polo TDi 1.4

do u think there ius an VW's Polo TDi 1.4 with 5 doors ?

for about 500 - 800 pound

What about an old golf mk2? Ive always found these to be very nice and was good mates with someone who owned one for ages.

Look for the gti model for a bit more oomph.

the mk2 golf gti/ralley are very good cars but pricey on insurance for a first time drivers and the engines below are not really worth a mention

well it is in a way but i do preffer a 5 door car for more room but its just finding a stylish nice car which i can keep for about 2 - 3 years

An unpopular sudgestion for some reason, but what about a Rover 25? I was the same in not likeing 3 door cars, and the rover was great and looked great in my opinion, not to mention they handle superbly in a crash *ahem* the 1.4 (for your insurance) isn't sluggish and you can do a fair bit of modding to them thanks to the MG. Downside of course is you can't get parts anymore. I've had 2 though and loved them

or if you're looking for a great looking car that goes well and is cheap on insurance, then why not go like me and get a MK1 Tigra, bassically a corsa turned into an almost sports car. It is 3 door though.

I have to say that your approach is quite a rational one. I was nowhere near as measured and considerate at your age! Keeping something 2-3 years is likely to save you thousands of pounds over endlessly swapping cars.

If you've got a steady income you can prove then finance should be pretty simple at this point in time so possibly borrow a few extra quid (low interest rates help) to get something you really appreciate.

The TDi Polo 1.4s are neatly packaged little cars - if you can get a 2000-2002 model you'll find ABS, powered windows (front, at least), central locking, PAS, powered mirrors, airbags, and a host of other nice stuff. Most came with A/C as well.

Do, however, check that it all works. No deals such as 'bring it back next week/month/decade etc and we'll fix the bits that are busted. Walk away.

It's often said that it's the best supermini with a big car feel and sturdiness about it. I can vouch for this; I am not a small car type of person but if I know where my money would be if I were after something of this type. Once you get your first year's insurance NCB out of the way you could look at a modest remap - this should yield about 105bhp with over 200lbft of torque. And that, my friend, will be enough to stop you selling for a couple of years. That amount of torque in a modest car will shove it about very pleasantly indeed.

There's plenty of 'em about in the £2500 -£3000 bracket, so be choosy.

Avoid the 1.9 SDi ones, these are without a turbo and are lifeless to be honest.

One other car that you really must not ignore is the Skoda Fabia. They're little belters and you might even score a 1.9 TDi - hopefully the insurers will see the word Skoda first and give you a tidy and cheap quote. In my opinion they're better than the Polos. Slightly bigger and more comfortable as such, they are disturblingly good to drive. All are well equipped. (Again, IGNORE the SDi models - these are for very diehard dieselheads who actually like slow cars)

Happy hunting, and if you want some honest input then Torque Cars is the place to seek it.

Cheers,

Regards,

Paul.

im not to sure about being able to prove my income because im a self imployed window cleaner but i make about 200 a week mabey a bit more or less depending on the waether :)

i just took a look at the car u mentioned and the car the dude above u mentioned and both of them seem like very good and a very nicly style car however

Skoda Fabia looks alot better and alot nicer and tbh i could well see myself going for this in eaither a black or blue colour :) which is good and just wondering HDi fun what kind of small but non illigal mods could i possible do to this so it increasses the torgue

im not to sure about being able to prove my income because im a self imployed window cleaner but i make about 200 a week mabey a bit more or less depending on the waether :)

i just took a look at the car u mentioned and the car the dude above u mentioned and both of them seem like very good and a very nicly style car however

Skoda Fabia looks alot better and alot nicer and tbh i could well see myself going for this in eaither a black or blue colour :) which is good and just wondering HDi fun what kind of small but non illigal mods could i possible do to this so it increasses the torgue

Remap either of them. About £300, but get your first year NCD covered.

The Skoda 1.9 TDi will go to 250+ lbft.

It's completely legal. The only missive is that you do inform your insurer.

You WILL NOTICE the difference, big time.