Bespoke exhaust Hampshire area

ojlane

Wrench Pro
Car
96 Accord+00 Legend
Wondering if anyone knows of any bespoke exhaust manufacturers in the Hampshire area.

I had one made a while ago and asked for a standard replacement in stainless steel so it would last longer.

When I picked up the car it sounded terrible, made motorway journeys very uncomfortable.

He had apparently used `of the shelf` parts to make the silencer so it was a fraction of the size it should have been.

I took it back and apparently he modified the inside and stuffed it full of something to muffle the sound.

Untill now it sounds like it`s blocked, and I`m even tempted scrap it and change back to the standard.

Seems to me, that if he stuffed it with something, then it would cause a loss of HP. IMO, I would change it out. I might not go back to stock but, would definattly get a different one.

Have a look at getting a cherry bomb - they sound fantastic and should go well with your car.

Muffler size needs to be matched to the bore of the exhaust - it creates a negative resonance inside the chamber as partial sound waves are reflected off the outside edge back towards the center pipe. You can't just fit some random bits together and hope it works!