Audi A3 dash vent advice

rusko007

Car
A3 1.8SE
Hey guys.Any tips on removal of the drivers side vent on a 2001 A3? Basically when the lights are on at night all the other 'rollers' at the side of the vents illuminate bar the drivers side.Is it a bulb issue or are they sealed LED units? OCD is kicking in and need to get it done.Any advice much appreciated.

Can you post a picture by any chance??
Cheers

Sometimes you can access clips from inside by inserting a thin flat head screwdriver between the vent those plates, they are usual 2 on each side, but it can be also clipped from outside.
Sometimes they are hooked either on top or bottom and need to pried from one of the side.
What year is it???

Here you have few links which should give you a more less idea where to pry.
Just be careful as you can very easily scratch/damage/tear dashboard

Will try and get a picture put up.Ye it's a tricky one to negotiate as it feels the slightest amount of force will either damage the vent or dash but you gotta use a certain amount of force to get the thing out.Audi advise it is a sealed unit and has no seperate bulb.Looked on ebay for a replacement but mine is an SE model and looks a bit different to other A3 ones on there.

if they are square then, first try to pry the bottom and if that works and it will come off a bit then just pull it down as there are claws/pins on top. square ones could also have clips on each side top/bottom or left/right from what I remember about vw/audi/skoda etc. Havent touch the round ones, but if they wont unlock when turned left or right (use a bit of power) then they will have clips as well.