Are you a considerate driver

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Would you class yourself as a considerate driver?

Do you ALWAYS thank people for letting you pass/through/out?
Do you give way to others when you get a chance?
Is there a good gap between your car and the car in front?
Do you ALWAYS use your indicators?

What other things would you say should be added to the considerate driver list?

Do you ALWAYS thank people for letting you pass/through/out?....yes
Do you give way to others when you get a chance?.....I suppose most of the time I do.
Is there a good gap between your car and the car in front?....yes, until I stop behind them.
Do you ALWAYS use your indicators?...Yes, unless there's nobody behind or no pedestrians about.

I think you should keep an eye out for motorbikes and pull slightly to the nearside so they can get passed in safety.

Last edited:
I do the above most of the time, however i'll admit this may change if i'm late for work etc :(.

It's not big and probably doesn't get me there any quicker but at the time it feels like it does. Other times are moments of bad driving I will occationally (and briefly) get on someones a*se to let them know my displeasure at them doing 50 mph in the middle lane of an empty motorway!

Would you class yourself as a considerate driver?

Do you ALWAYS thank people for letting you pass/through/out?
Do you give way to others when you get a chance?
Is there a good gap between your car and the car in front?
Do you ALWAYS use your indicators?

What other things would you say should be added to the considerate driver list?

Yes
Yes unless they are going to force their way though same as HDi
Generally yes but if someone is trying to force the issue I'll sieze my right of way
Yes
No - dont bother to indicate to pull back in after overtaking, or if no one is about to get the benifit of them

Good point and well made. No point indicating after an overtake and before moving back in - it's obvious you're going to move to over to the left. Sometimes once I'm back in lane I'll give a quick tap L&R to thank the driver I've just passed.

Consideration and courtesy can go too far. It can cause confusion and even danger if you needlessly slow up or invite people (drivers, bikers, peds or others) across your path.

My advice is DON'T DO IT unless you've done all the observation work for them. And even if you have done this can you rely upon them to act swiftly before another hazard develops?