Archive from the old forum

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
HI Dave - Do the following mods (in order of importance).

K&N air Filter, Sport Exhaust, Fuel Pressure Boost Valve, Fast Road Cams then you can think about the extra engine work.

The Cavalier SRI 130 engine drops into a NOVA - I think the same could apply to a Corsa.

Don't do bigger wheels or lower suspension the Corsa is fairly light and you will make it undrivable unless you get a fully adjustable kit.

By Tony on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 08:06 am: Edit

The Sri 170 Flat spots question:

Flat spots are often caused by a bad HT or ignition leads change them first then get a good quality engine cleaner - NITROX Power boost or similar.

A full service will also help to eliminate flat spots.

By Anonymous on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 01:00 pm: Edit

What do you think a 1.6 GSi corsa B would do 0-60 with a full cat back exhaust system, powerboost valve, pipercross viper induction kit, high performance ignition leads, sports clutch, and an ecotek valve? It does 60 in 9 secs flat standard. thanks

By Anonymous on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 08:53 am: Edit

1.6 Corsa B 0-60 9 seonds would be about 0.5 to 1 seconds quicker with the parts you mention - if I had the standard BHP and the new BHP with parts I rekon I could give you a more accurate figure - a low ratio gearbox would significantly improve things for you - I'd look into this as well.

By Anonymous on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 04:22 pm: Edit

Hi it has about 144bhp now standard it is 123bhp

By Anonymous on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 09:51 am: Edit

Here are the calculated stats for a 144 bhp corsa 1/4 mile 16.6 seconds 0-60 8.4 seconds

Standard 1.6 corsa 18 seconds 1/4 mile and 9 seconds. I wasn't too sure of the weight I used about 2557 pounds.

The power at the wheel figures are 92 bhp for a standard car and 119 bhp for the modified one.

250 BHP does around 4.6 seconds 0-60!!!

By Rod B on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 08:10 am: Edit

Hi!
I have an Astra 2.0l Sport 16v '97 - with the Ecotec engine
I have already got a s/s exhaust system minus cat, but want to know what the next best step is, I have around £600 to spend.
(I fitted a green induction kit to it but it sounded awful at idle (described as sounding like a 2CV - lots of burbling) and lost a noticeable amount of torque so have opted for the standard box with courtney panel filter.
I am thinking along the lines of chip/re-map, boost valve (fuel regulator valve), Power cap (replacing SFi unit), throttle body upgrade or maybe camshafts.
I definately need some help as I can't do it all, but want the best results for the money! Plus, is there a particular order to upgrade e.g chip last
Cheers!!

By Anonymous on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 01:39 pm: Edit

Welcome Rod,
I would, without a doubt, go for a fast road cam next. You are right in suspecting that the chip upgrade is last - changes to combustion rate and engine efficiency would require a remap with each upgrade.

I guess your running at about 80K miles - might be worth getting the head off - cleaned, x flowed and ported and new bigger valves while they are in there mucking around with a cam - it might help a bit with torque as well.

Let us know how you get on with it.

By NASH on Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 08:32 pm: Edit

CAN U FIT A CALIBRA TURBO LUMP- IN A TIGRA AND DO U KNOW HOW MUCH THIS COULD COST CHEERS NASH

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back