Alloygators

The other, much more radical, solution is to fit the correct width tyre to the rim so the tyre protrudes past the rim edge thereby protecting it from the kerb :)

Link doesn't work. Try

www.alloygater.com

This link does work;- http://www.alloygator.com/products.asp

@OG - disregarding stretch fitted tyres not all tyres have that rim protection band to which you refer.

In my opinion kerbing the sidewalls is equally as bad as kerbing the rims.

I do not hit kerbs, and I bet you don't do so, either.

I bet that you and I would both have tyre and rim inspected ASAP if we were to clip a kerb.

thanks hdi

when you get new rims from the dealer or if they are dear ones they have this already on them for when you are fitting the tyre so you dont mark the new wheel

they are ok for the tyre fitting but would not help much on a kerb as they are really soft
my way is dont have low profile tyres
i bump up on the kerb all teh time when parking or just dumping the car
is ok for me if i damage the tyre i just go to work and fit a new one but only damaged the wheel once on a foot high kerb when i was not looking where i was going

or the other way buy a landrover does not matter on them lol

Tyres for off-roaders, even if they're not fully re-inforced items, will be fairly durable in the unfortunate event that a kerb is clipped or scraped.

Even so, I bet that you, lutonM, will agree that it's best to avoid contact with the edges of kerb stones.

Don't you just wonder about some drivers though?? Like, how do they get through their daily lives without forgetting to breathe?

This link does work;- http://www.alloygator.com/products.asp

@OG - disregarding stretch fitted tyres not all tyres have that rim protection band to which you refer.

In my opinion kerbing the sidewalls is equally as bad as kerbing the rims.

I do not hit kerbs, and I bet you don't do so, either.

I bet that you and I would both have tyre and rim inspected ASAP if we were to clip a kerb.

x2 ;)

On the Pirelli's I use to have, I think the sidewalls were made out of recycled pencil erasers!

Tyres for off-roaders, even if they're not fully re-inforced items, will be fairly durable in the unfortunate event that a kerb is clipped or scraped.

Even so, I bet that you, lutonM, will agree that it's best to avoid contact with the edges of kerb stones.

Don't you just wonder about some drivers though?? Like, how do they get through their daily lives without forgetting to breathe?

ya agree with you see it so many times doing mots where they have gone along the kerb

if i am going to go on teh kerb i always streer onto it so the tread hits it

but the landrover tyres are nearly ful muds and have think side walls but saying that managed to put a branch in one of them lol

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back