Air Filter Brand suggestions?

Stevearcade

Wrench Pro
Car
Honda Accord 2.4
Hi Guys,

I'm considering putting in a sport air filter in my filter box (as opposed to the stock paper one - or forking out £200+ for a cold air intake).

We're talking a 2.4 i-VTEC (K20 series engine). Can anyone please suggest any manufacturers of air filters that's got a good reputation (or any to steer clear of).

Cheers Guys,

Steve

That is interesting. Seems everything I've looked into so far regards modding cars just presents more questions than answers :confused:.

Realistically then, according to that article, I wanna measure air pressure changes across the various parts of the intake and exhaust systems in the car, to ascertain where (if any) bottle necks are and then amend them. As opposed to just taking a punt that an air filter "upgrade" will give me a little more smoothness.

Yes.

Actually 'performance' air filters do have an advantage in that they flow more air when dirty than a paper one, although when clean there is very little difference. Couples this with the bizarre modern service intervals of 20k between air filter changes and a green or itg or bmc or k&n or pipercross makes sense.

I just replace the paper ones every 6 months or so. About a fiver each from BMW (yes, cheaper than Halfords) and takes about twenty seconds to do. Much easier than all that cleaning and oiling lark.

Yes.

Actually 'performance' air filters do have an advantage in that they flow more air when dirty than a paper one, although when clean there is very little difference. Couples this with the bizarre modern service intervals of 20k between air filter changes and a green or itg or bmc or k&n or pipercross makes sense.

In a way yes, but the tiny increase of a panel filter over a paper one, (like 1 or 2 hp) I'd rather use a paper filter knowing that theres less crap going in my engine.

Get your washable filter out of your car and shine a torch behind it, you'll see just how much light gets though......trust me it's scary!